Chapter 3

*A/n: Words in bold are in sign language*

"Millie! Get up and ready for school, darling," her mother called from downstairs.

She rolled over onto her stomach and groaned, her eyes still tightly closed.

After what only seemed like a minute, when she felt a strong hand rest on her back.

"Come on hun," her father said, slowly rubbing his hand along her spine. Millie whimpered before turning onto her back. She cracked an eye open to the man above her and frowned.

"Can I-I have f-five more m-minutes?"

Her father chuckled and placed his hand on her cheek. "It's 7:20, darling. Time to get up."

Sighing, she sat up and held her arms out to her father, smirking.

"C-Carry me?"

He rolled his eyes and began walking out, making her awe in disappointment.

"P-please dad?"

"No," he said, turning to look at her as he was out the door. His nose scrunched up in distaste. "You're too heavy."

She gasped and hopped out of bed, as he laughed and ran downstairs; her hot on his heels.

"T-That's so m-mean!"

"Love you!" Her father said, both of them entering the kitchen for breakfast.

——————-

After Millie got dressed into an oversized sweatshirt, some leggings, and tennis shoes; she drove to school.

This time she wasn't as late as yesterday, since some students were still wondering around the hallways with either their phones or people they socialize with.

When she got into orchestra class, she sat down in her seat and began getting ready for class. Well, that was true until Jane came over.

"Did you see the new guy today?" She asked, leaning again the wall with her arms crossed. Millie rose a brow.

"A-Are you t-talking about H-Harry?"

Jane's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before forming an "O."

"The deaf guy?"

Millie's frowned. "T-That's not n-nice Jane."

"What?" She says, putting up her hands in defense. "I wasn't trying to, but no. It's not him. It's some really cute guy that came from Harven Throne High School. Forgot his name, but he's really cute and- Millie? Are you okay?"

Millie was certainly not okay. Harven Throne City is the place her and her family moved away from because of the bullying. She wondered who it was just so she could stay away from him. Which probably won't be hard since he's an "unfamiliar face."

"Millie?" Jane repeated, snapping her fingers In Millie's face, bring her back to reality. Jane cocked her neck to the side, studying her, and was about to say something until the bell rang. So Jane narrowed her eyes at her and walked back to her seat. Millie knew that look well, "Later then."

——————-

After two other classes, she ended up in biology and took her usual seat in the back of the room. When the space became to fill with other people, Millie started reading and only put it away when the bell rang.

A door opened from the left and Mr. Van walked in with his computer, yogurt, and a file of papers.

"Hello hello," He said, placing his stuff down in an orderly fashion and looking up to the class with one of his bright, straight teeth smiles. Millie likes Mr. Van. He's a middle aged man with a receding hairline, green eyes, and a round face covered by his thick beard. He also almost always wore a beret. He always seemed to make the most boring of subject's fun to learn with many weird, yet funny, jokes.

"How's everyone been? Tired? Annoyed? Need to punch a student? Horny?"

Everyone bursted into a cluster of laughter, making Mr. Van's eyebrows furrow.

"Wow, that's a lot of horny students."

This made everyone laugh harder as he sat down with his stuff. Not at his desk no, he sat in front of one the students chairs with a spin one.

"Alright, Ang-jeez!" Right when he was going to begin roll call, he was scared by a student walking into the classroom.

Millie froze and felt like she was going to be sick.

He still looked like a Hollywood movie star with his perfect skin and body. His eyes a bright brown that outshined the dirt and a chiseled jawline. Strange yes, but it was those very features that had captivated her from the start. Now they make Millie sick to the bone.

Mr. Van let out a chuckle. "Ah, new kids. Let's embarrass him shall we?"

Everyone let's out a chuckle except Millie as she tries to hide herself behind a student in front of her.

"What's your name?"

"Hunter," he smirks before saying, "Anric,"

Whispers went around the class as Mr. Van's eyes widened.

"Anric? As in Johnson Anric?"

"My grandfather."

Millie didn't have the strength to roll her eyes since fear had such a tight hold around her. She needed to get out of here. Now!

"Well then, I'll tell you that money also needs an education. Why don't you sit in the back with Tomlinson."

Millie tensed and slide under the black, long table, hiding herself from him and everyone else as she texted her mom.

Call the school mom. Hunter is here. At this fricken school!

Millie had just sent it when she heard Hunter talk again.

"Tomlinson, as in Millie Tomlinson" Her name on his lips made her shiver and gag at the same time.

Shit!

"Why yes," Mr. Van answered. "Millie do you know this-Millie? Where'd she go?"

Her mother had just texted her back, but she didn't get the chance to read it when a student answered, "She under the table Mr. Van."

Damn you to hell Stacy.

Mr. Van laughed and she could just feel Hunter smirking.

Shit shit shit shit-

"Millie, are you alright?"

"Oh don't worry about it Mr....Van. Millie always been a shy girl. Come on Millie, why don't you say hi to me? It's been a while since we talked you know."

Now she knew he was taunting her and right when she was close to tears, everyone whispering again, the phone rang. Not hers no. Mr. Van's.

"Mr. Van?"

"Yes?"

"Millie Tomlinson will be leaving for the day," the lady at the desk says though the phone as Millie packed her stuff.

"Alright."

The phone call ended and Millie drew her hood over her head, grabbed her bag, and practically ran out of the class.

"Millie, wait," she heard Hunter begin, but she was already gone and running down the empty hallway, only slowing down when she got closer to the office.

She signed out by saying it was a family matter and ran out to the parking lot and to her car.

Once inside with all her stuff, keeping her violin in her locker at school, Millie broke down in tears as she stared to drive away.

He's here.

————-
Who's Hunter? What did he do to Millie!? 😱