Chapter 5

*A/N text in bold is sign language, text in italics are well... Texts*

Millie froze and looked at her phone with fear running down her spine.

It rung again, that unknown number of a text splitting into a second one.

Swallowing hard, she reached over and picked up the phone to read the texts. She sighed in relief and smiled.

Unknown
Hey, Love. It's me, Harry.

Where'd you disappear to? Is everything alright? Are you sick? If you are I can help. I know a few home remedies.

Millie smirked and opened her phone right when he texted again.

Unknown
Please answer. I'm genuinely worried. ☹️

Millie
I'm fine, Harry. No I'm not sick, no need to worry mother.

He answered back right away.

Tall Dude
Oh thank god. I was about to call the ambulance.

Millie giggled and smiled at his words before cupping her cheek and texting back with one hand.

Millie
You're silly.

Talk Dude
I know I am. 😉 But really, Why'd you leave school? Did something happen?

Millie froze and bit down on her bottom lip. She couldn't possibly tell him what happened. Besides, he probably wouldn't even believe her if Harry met him.

Millie
I rather not talk about it right now, Harry.

He didn't answer for awhile and Millie was about to place her phone down when it dinged again.

Tall Dude
No worries. I understand. Although, can you at least tell me that you're not hurt or anything?

Millie
I promise I'm fine. 🙂

Tall Dude
I'm glad, but that doesn't stop me from bringing cookies over, and us chilling with a movie after school to cheer you up.

Millie smiled, her heart pounding hard in her chest while her cheeks began to feel warm.

Millie
Aww, thank you.

Tall Dude
Anything for a friend. See you later Darling😇.

Millie
Yeah, see yea.

With that, Millie placed her phone down on her nightstand at the same time her father came into her room; his face twisted with anger.

"D-dad? W-what's wrong?"

"They can't do anything hun," he said, siding at the end of her bed with his head in his hands. Her eyes widened.

"Nothing? N-not even a-a restraining o-order?"

"Not without a current event and not a case that happend three years ago. If it was early, they could have done something, but even with it, he did nothing to harm you when he was at school. Right?" Her father said, grabbing s hold of her hand with worry in his eyes.

That was when Millie noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the worry lines creased at the corners of them.

Her lips parted and she nibbles on her bottom lip before tightening her hand around his.

"N-no. H-he just t-taunted and s-scared me."

He sighed and kissed her forehead before looking back at her with worry.

"What do you want to do hun?"

Millie thought about it for a little and when she opened her mouth, she couldn't believe she was sticking to it.

"I-I want to s-stay here. He probably w-won't do a-anything." Hopefully.

Her father looked over her face a little longer before nodding and kissing her forehead again and walking out of the room.

"If you say so."

Then he was out the door and heading downstairs.

—————
It was about a little past three when the door bell rang. Millie flung herself out of bed to go answer it, since her parents were out shopping. She opened its door saw Jane standing there wearing jeans and a blue blouse; worry in her eyes.

"Are you alright? Come here," she ordered, wrapping her arms around Millie and hugging her tightly. Millie returned it and closed the door. They walked over to the kitchen table and Jane sat across from her as they talked.

"He didn't do anything did he?"

"N-no. He just s-scared me and t-then I left."

"What did your parents say?" Jane asked, looking her over from head to toe like she didn't believe Millie that she was alright.

Millie sighed and tucked her hand under her chin, drawing on the table with her finger.

"W-we looked to s-see about a r-restraining order, but t-they said t-they needed m-more of a r-reason than a t-three year s-sentence t-to prison for o-one."

Jane scoffed and crossed her arms across her chest. "That's bullshit. You feel threatened by his presence and that should be enough for them to do something."

Millie shrugged and continued to draw little figure eights on the wood of the table.

"It-it's just one c-class. I'm s-sure if I-I explain m-my situation t-to Mr. Van, t-that he'll u-understand."

"Hopefully, but what if he bothers you in the hallways or at lunch?"

This time, Millie looked up and smirked at Jane. "Well, y-you are m-my body g-guard for a r-reason Jane."

She laughed and playfully hit Millie's shoulder before she hit Jane's as well.

"Oh and what about that Harold guy?" Jane said, wiggling her eyebrows and making Millie blush.

"I-It's Ha-Harry and w-what a-about h-him?"

Jane rolled her eyes and smirked. "You like him, don't you?"

Millie gave her a weak smile before saying, "N-No. H-he's j-just a f-friend."

"Uh huh, sure," Jane said, leaning back in her chair with crossed arms. "Then why did he-"

There was a knock on the door and Jane and her both looked in that direction before looking at each other. Jane's smirk widened and Millie's cheeks became redder.

"Now, who could that be," Jane says, getting up to let the person in. Millie bolted out of her chair, but Jane was already running toward the door.

"W-wait Jane-"

But it was too late. Jane opened the door and there Harry was, standing there with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a black sweatshirt and jeans, a smile across his lips until he saw who really answered the door.

"HARRY! What a surprise!" Jane exclaimed, making Millie groaned and walk over to Jane and the shocked Harry.

When he saw Millie, his shock disappeared into concern, completely ignoring Jane now.

"Are you alright, Darling?"

Jane awed and Millie looked at her with narrowed eyes before pushing her out of the way and letting Harry in.

"Hey!" Jane whined as Millie began to sign to him as they walked to the kitchen.

"Sorry about her, Harry. I'm fine."

Harry places the plate of cookies on the counter and looked back at her and signed,

"You don't look it. Your eyes are all red and puffy. Can I do anything to help?"

"You know," Jane piped as she walked over to us and grabbed one of the cookies and sat down at the table. "It's rude to sign in the presence of greatness."

Millie laughed and Harry smiled at her before pulling Millie into a hug. She stiffened and looked up at Harry with wide round eyes.

"What'd she say?"

Millie signed to him, her hands shaking a little from being so close to him and Harry laughed as well, looking at Jane.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you all great and powerful Jane."

Jane smiled and looked at Millie, giving her a thumbs up.

"I approve of this guy. You may date him."

Millie gasped, her cheeks reddening even more. "Jane!"

"What?!" She says innocently, nibbling on her cookie. Millie pouted, but it quickly turned to her being tense when Harry's breath brushed her ear.

"What's got you blushing so much, Darling?"

"Nothing!"

"Liar!" Jane yelled.

Millie glared at Jane and Harry laughed and tightened his hold around her. She felt like she was going to pass out from how much care he was showing her.

"Never mind. Come on, why don't we watch a movie and eat cookies to get your mind off..whatever is the matter, okay?"

Millie looked into Harrys eyes and nodded with a soft smile before signing,

"I'd like to."

"Can I join?" Jane asked, raising her hand.

Millie smiled at her and rolled her eyes.

"Yes, Jane, you can watch the movie with us."

"Yes! Third-wheeling!"

Millie laughed and Harry seemed to be smiling a lot while he looked at her and she didn't know if she liked it or if it made her embarrassed even possibly both. Either way, she knew this was what she needed. A little time with her new friends and she might forget about him for a little while longer; until tomorrow that is.

—————

Sorry it took so long. I hope you liked it and was enough to satisfy your hunger for this story.

Bye bye now!