Ch.37 ~𝐿𝑒𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔~

—The next couple of days have gone well throughout but obviously not the same with the circumstances with both Oliver and Scarlet then Wyatt and me

The next couple of days have gone well throughout but obviously not the same with the circumstances with both Oliver and Scarlet then Wyatt and me.

Now as we sat during lunch Scarlet sat beside me instead of across from me and Wyatt sat across from me instead of beside me. I wasn't going to lie and say I kind of felt a longing I didn't want to feel, but I guess it was what it is.

As I looked down at my bearly touched meat it was weird seeing Oliver and Scarlet not as talkative and joking around as they usually did. I gave Scarlet so many props for being strong and unfazed in front of him. Oliver seemed to notice just how much the energy she was giving off because he took short glances while she wasn't looking and he seemed to have a remorseful look on his face due to the circumstances.

I gave Wyatt a look as he seemed to notice so much of the tension since the last couple of days we've sat together. I kept eye contact talking to him through my eyes. This was the only time I was giving him permission to read my mind.

I looked down at my food and tried hard to think, "They seem so different with each other"I looked back up to him, and he gave me a short nod before glancing back at them.

"I heard Mr. Shantler is retiring." I tried for a short talk. Thankfully, their full attention turned to me.

"Is he?" Oliver looked at me to Wyatt then back to me.

"Mhm, he mentioned it somewhere in between class. His last day is tomorrow." I explained cutting a piece of meat and plopping it into my mouth.

"Weren't you paying attention, dumbass?" Wyatt exclaimed as Oliver gave him a glare and a shove in the arm.

"Who retires if it's two weeks till we graduate?" Scarlet spoke in actual bewilderment.

"What I'm saying," Oliver said making Scarlet's attention shift across from her where Oliver sat innocently looking for the right moment to agree to something with Scarlet. I turned my head trying to hide a smile that was threatening to breakthrough.

Gosh, what have the four of us turned into?

Surprisingly Scarlet's mouth curled up into a small smile. Oliver right away shifted in his seat looking way too satisfied with his work. But once again the mood went back to tension as he scratched his head and looked over to Wyatt who already looked at him. It seemed as if they were doing that mind link thingy again.

Scarlet and I looked at each other for a moment and before we can make a comment about their behavior they talked as we were about to open our mouths.

"We were wondering..." Oliver started only glancing at Scarlet.

"We want to speak to you both about something, and we need you both to come over to ours to talk about it." Wyatt went straight to the point. He seemed to look tense which he wasn't before.