Chapter Twenty-four

— Kaminari —

I slumped against the wall and slid to the floor, starting to cry.

"He likes someone else!" I whispered and cried harder. I have no clue how long I've stayed there crying for, but long enough that there was a knock at the door.

"K-Kami?" Eri....

"Hold on, Eri..." I said. I quickly changed into a white T-shirt that had the word "spark" in black letters behind a yellow lightning bolt and I put on some black ripped jeans. I opened the door and turned he bathroom light off. I headed back to my bed. Eri was sitting there and I remembered I was still crying.

"Kami! Please don't cry! Look, Toshi is here!" I turned my head. Shinso sat on his bed looking at me with sadness. Tears slid rapidly down my cheeks. 'What right does he have to be sad?!' Eri grabbed my hand. "I don't like seeing you sad." Eri said. I looked at her and sniffed.

"Eri, I have to talk to Kaminari - I think you should go." Shinso said. He stood up and walked over to where Eri and I were sitting.

"No, we don't need to talk." I said more to Shinso than Eri. "You can stay." Eri looked between us carefully.

"Toshi told me earlier that he has to talk to you and that it's really important."

"Yeah you can tell dad and papa that I sent you back."

"Because you need to talk to Kami?" Shinso nodded. "Okay, bye Kami, bye Toshi." I watched as she left. Shinso sat down in her spot.

"God, where the hell do I even start?!" He mumbled.

"Maybe you should start with the kiss with whoever that dumbass was!" My voice turned to a shout then broke at the end. He sighed.

"First of all, that was Monoma. We went to school together last year. Back then he had a crush on me and by the looks of it he still does. I've always known about it. But he made a move on me when i rejected him. He told me that he likes me and when I told him I like someone else.... then that happened. I was too shocked and upset to react in time, but then I shoved him and ran..." I glared at him through my tears. "But the thing is I never told him who I like. It's also not like he cared to ask because of how pissed off he was. I wouldn't have even cared enough to tell him if he was interested."

I sighed in annoyance. Some of this anger was an act, but at least half of it wasn't. He truth is that I want Shinso back more than anything. I want our daily cuddles and the way he'd sometimes play with my hair to calm me down. I loved when we'd watch something together, then hang out with Eri, trying to beat each other in Mariocart. I wanted all of that back so fucking badly!

"Well, I don't really give a shit about who they are, either, I just hope you two are happy together."

"I hope so too, but the problem is, I haven't told him how I feel yet. I planned on doing it Wednesday after school, but I saw that they weren't acting right and it didn't seem like the best time, In my opinion." More tears fell down my face and I made no move to wipe them. "But I think I should do it now before things get more out of hand."

"Then go! Go confess your love to some random guy that I don't even know!" I screamed, closed my eyes and pointed to the door. When I opened my eyes, he hadn't move. He grabbed my wrist forcefully, but not painfully. Once again, I didn't have the energy to get away.

"Oh you know him alright." Shinso whispered.

"Even better." I mumbled sarcastically.

"You wanna know who it is?" His index fingers rested on the palms of my hands. He wrapped his other fingers around my wrists and I curled both of my hands into fists.

"Actually-" I grunted, trying to pull away. But I couldn't. "I think I'd prefer to not-"

"You..." I looked at him and my lips parted in surprise. I stopped struggling for him to let me go. "You're the one I love." Shinso said. More tears. I closed my mouth and gritted my teeth.

"I don't believe you." I said, slowly and quietly. I closed my fists tighter, ready to act if he didn't let me go within three next 0.5 seconds. But his grip tightened and the next thing I know, his lips are on mine. I gasped as another tear rolled down my cheek. Shinsos eyes were closed, but mine were wide open.

I didn't know how to react as happiness and anger created a tornado in my head. When he broke the kiss and looked at me, my lips were still parted in surprise while there was still hope in his eyes. I slowly breathed out and blinked.

"Do you believe me now?" Shinso asked gently. I didn't say anything. Instead I leaned forward and gently pressed my lips against his. I closed my eyes and Shinso smiled. He let go of my wrists and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his lap. I straddled his hips with my knees and smiled into the kiss. I cupped his face in my hands and smiled. I didn't wanna stop kissing him, but I had to.

"So?" Shinso raises an eyebrow, smiling. My smile got bigger and he brushed his thumbs over my cheeks, gently wiping my tears away.

"I believe you." I whispered. I held his hands on my face and closed my eyes. He gave me another kiss and I tilted my head up a little. "You wanna know something?" I asked when we pulled apart.

"What?" Shinso smiled.

"I love you." I smiled and kissed him again.

"I love you, too." Shinso whispered in between kisses. I leaned my forehead on his chest, a bit breathless.

"I'm sorry- for the way I acted. I mean-" I looked back up at him. "Obviously I overreacted and misunderstood. I just-" I started to cry again. "I was so upset but I wanted you back and I wanted things to go back to the way they were before. I thought I'd ruined our friendship and it broke my fucking heart!" I sobbed.

"Hey Kaminari, it's okay. It's simple: you just misunderstood and I was being pretty oblivious! I didn't recognize the feelings you had for me and I probably should have, but I too preoccupied with my own feelings for you.... you don't have to be sorry!" I shook my head and cried harder. Shinso cupped my face and made me look at him. "If anything, I should be the one apologizing."

"No because I just kept pushing you away and I didn't want to! The more I tried, the more I realized I needed you!" I cried.

"Yeah- you tried, but did it work?" I shook my head. "Me because I told myself I wouldn't give up on you!"

"That's what Kirishima said too.." I sniffed and wiped some of my tears. "Wait... Kirishima... I was trying to push him and Bakugo away too!" I scrambled away from Shinso and stood up. "Oh shit, I'll be back."

"Wait- what are you-"

"I have to apologize to them!" I said, wiping the rest of my tears and reaching the door.

"Don't take too long!" Shinso called. I remember that he couldn't leave due to his lockdown. I raced down the hall to Kirishimas dorm and knocked quickly.

"Come in." Kirishima called. I hesitated. How-... What do I say? How should I start? I heard shuffling on the other side and the door opened. Kirishima stood there in a Crimson Riot hoodie and dark blue jeans.

"Kaminari!" Bakugo said from behind him. I opened my mouth, ready to apologize, but no words good enough came to mind. My eyes widened as Kirishima took my hand and brought me inside.

"I'm sorry." I said, my voice sounding strained.