one.

september 1st 1977 - 6th year.

"i told you i am not becoming a fucking death eater!"

"don't raise your voice at me and don't you dare swear at your mother. i could've disowned you like leo for all the sneaking around you've been doing for the last five years at hogwarts! how dare you befriend any gryffindor. especially sirius black after the stunt he pulled on poor walburga. shame to you!" she cried raising her arm. next thing i knew i my cheek was stinging and i fell to the floor. my mother stood above me kicking me before walking off. "get ready and make sure no one sees any bruises. we are leaving in ten minutes." she spat before storming away the sound of her heels echoing the further she got.

turning over i coughed and watched as blood came out and i winced. pulling myself off the floor i made myself up to my room. closing the door behind me i took a deep breath wiping away any tears which remained on my face.

what did i do to deserve any of this.

i sat in my vanity chair looking at myself in the mirror, a bruise slowly forming on my cheek. nice bright and purple.

digging through my draw to find makeup i rushed to cover my face. fix my hair then got up and got into my nicest dress along with a fine coat. my fathers coat. the one he'd always wear when dropping us off before he passed away.

before he passed away.

six months since he died. since i last heard his laughter or got one of his beautifully written notes. since i was actually loved by a parent.

tony had it easier than me, i'd like to say. mother was always easiest on him. youngest son, and the one that did everything right.

everything right.

my thoughts were interrupted when someone came in. my back was towards the door but i could only be one person. the person i loved most but hated most at the same time.

"i'm sorry." he whispered. i turned to face him giving him a weak smile, "but you should get it y/n. it will be easier for the arranged marriage too."

the arranged marriage.

"don't you dare bring that up with me." i spat. standing up i grabbed the last couple things i needed for hogwarts and slipped them into my bag and put it over my shoulder. "you are the last person, who should be giving me advice right now. especially after revealing what leo did. he's not here with us because of you, i don't think dad would've gone out to find him because of you which ultimately resulted in his death too. you listening to her words has ruined whatever relationship we will ever have."

"y/n..."

"we have a train to catch."

mother didn't even accompany us to the platform making the goodbyes easier than ever. tony went one way and i went the other.

"y/n! y/n!" i turned around to be greeted with james, sirius, remus and peter.

i kept my face stern and walked past them. getting on the train leaving confused faced behind me. i couldn't afford to do more damage than i had already seemingly done. i was a fool to befriend all of them in first year. i was a fool to think i would've gotten in any other house than slytherin. it's where i belong, where i will stay. like the hat said.

something about admitting the truth made me feel sick.

i found a the compartment which sat severus, adam and clay. adam got up and immediately hugged me when i walked in before proceeding to kiss me lightly, "hello dear."

i smiled at the boy, "long time no see love." i said back and then we sat down in the seats opposite to clay and severus.

as the train departed i watched as severus and clay slowly fall asleep. pathetic. it was simply 11 in the morning. 11. not 7 or anytime earlier. luckily for me adam remained awake, i turned to him and his eyes roamed from the book in his hands to face mine.