four.

september 14th 1977.

i brushed adams hair through my fingers as we sat in the common room. i was sat on a green velvet loveseat, with clay sitting opposite to us sucking lips with his arranged wife or should i say girlfriend. is that more polite? i honestly didn't know their status nor cared. but she is a half-blood, her name harriet. severus was beside him reading a potions book every couple seconds or so writing down notes on a piece of parchment. he's going to top this year in potions and there was no doubt. no one else put more effort and time than he did in the subject, it was almost like the subject had been specifically made and catered just for him.

on the other side of severus was mel, who was braiding her long brown hair and humming at the tune which played from the record player. it was a wizarding band which played soft jazz. occasionally some half bloods played their muggle music. but that was very rarely. for example mel had brought records from home to play, some music her grandfather had gifted her three or four christmas's ago.

mel turned to me and sighed, "i'm so ready to leave this place. it's an absolute bore after all these years."

i nodded in agreement and as i did so i watched severus close his book and lean back on the velvet couch. "i think i'll come back to teach."

adam opened its eyes in surprise, "you come back to teach here? how dreadful trying to make a living surrounded by teenagers everyday until you see your retirement."

"i have no real ambitions to see the world, i might as well do as well as i can and try to teach the next generation to be better people."

adam rolled his eyes and sat up straight, "how much time did you spend with evans? you're starting to sound like that mudblood."

"alarte ascendare!" yelled severus and i got up jumping back.

i watched as adam got shot to the top of the common room and fly down. "severus what the fuck!" clay screamed. he pulled his wand out "accio wand!" the wand from severus's hand flew into adams and he put it into his pocket.

when adam landed it was not nice, there were a few cracks and the noise was not something you'd want to hear.

he ended up in the hospital wing immediately.

one day later - september 15th.

i watched adam slowly open his eyes and when they locked with mine i smiled slightly, "hey." he whispered.

"hey, you're looking rough i must say."

"you know exactly what to say to me."

"i'd say so, well how are you feeling?"

"well a couple broken bones but boy my back feels better than ever. i'm going to get him back when i'm out." he muttered with anger behind his tone.

"i tell you, you ever call anyone a mudblood again. don't think any of us are protecting you again. severus should've not shot you into the hair but you should've not said that considering his relations with evans."

"look at you again- protecting the enemy. maybe regulas was right, you are practically asking to die."

"fine forget it this is a waste of my breath, and adam don't bother trying to apologise i clearly see where your mind is at." i pulled my hand away from his grabbing my bag which was leaning against his bed.

"y/n..." he pleaded but i turned walked away and out before he could say one more word. i needed to go be on my own.

the astronomy tower seemed more beautiful when you had more problems on your mind. more troubles that you are contemplating.