03 : Like Real People Do

Listen to: Like Real People Do by Hozier

"I Had a thought dear, however scary"

Technoblade sat in front of the open fire, staring aimlessly as the oranges and yellows danced together in a smudge of vicious amber, wondering to himself in the cold of his home as to where the other was. Leaning back into his chair he attempted to relax, but he couldn't, despite the heat from the flames he still felt frigid, he doubts it was from all the snow outside, but instead that the place was quiet-too quiet- lonely even.... perhaps a glass of cognac could whisk his worries away and keep him company.

With a huff he stood up from his chair in defeat, unable to rid his mind of the blonde. Carelessly making his way to the kitchen he gingerly grabbed a bottle and poured himself a glass, he swished the rust colored liquid around, taking a small swig, the fluid leaving a burning in his throat "he was everything but cold" he chuckled to himself, a small smile ghosting his features.

He then hears the front door creak open, snapping him from his trance, he carelessly walks over to the main room knowing it was Dream just by the sound, he rolled his eyes ready to scold the man again for coming home so late.

Walking in his eyes widened at the sight, Dream's hand was pressed against the door frame keeping one of his legs steady as he was slightly limping, bloodied and bruised, he smiled weakly and awkwardly at the tall brooding male standing across him, a dark look on his face.

"Hi" voice laced with a hint of nervousness, lifting his hand in a little wave, wincing at the sudden jolt of pain from the large cut on his shoulder.

"Who did this to you?"

Dream didn't answer. He knew better than to answer that. Afterall, this wasn't the first time he came home like this. Instead he just looked at the ground, his eyebrows knitting together.

Techno walked towards where Dream was and took both of his hands in his, noticing the scratch wounds and dried blood decorating his lover's pale skin.

"Why were you digging? What did you bury before those hands pulled me from the earth"

Looking up from the ground he stared at the ruby eyes of his love, immediately getting lost in the seething hues of scarlet. Techno brought his hands to his lips and kissed each knuckle along with the edges of his fingers so gently that it didn't match the fear that surrounded the almighty Blood God's reputation.

Dream tensed at the gesture, catching him off guard, neither of them being the overly affectionate type. He closed his eyes, letting out a contented sigh as he eased his tension.

"You made me worry again." He spoke with a warmth he didn't know his voice to possess.

"I know"

"I'm sorry...."

He let go of both his hands, "Let's get you patched up" he motioned for Dream to get on his back but the blonde was adamant at walking on his injuries "I can walk by myself...." He says trailing off to look at the ground again.

Techno ignored him anyway and carried the other to the kitchen saving him from Dream's stubbornness, surprisingly though he didn't protest much more.

Setting him down on one of the counters he went to the cupboards and searched for the first aid kit. Whenever Dream came home like this he would always be the one to help him, and whenever Techno came home hurt Dream would be the one to help, but they never dared to ask one another what had happened or even why it did.

Small questions like "Where were you?" Or "Who did this?" Were all they could ask, afraid it would make the other too uncomfortable, making the air too uneasy.

Exchanging worried looks without words to accompany them.

Techno began to clean and bandage his wounds, the both of them settling in a comfortable silence. Until suddenly Dream spoke up "Techno?"

The hog hybrid humming back a response not paying much mind to the blonde "I'm sorry, really" Dream smiled sweetly when he looked up at him "For what?" His usual monotone voice echoed out in the silence.

"Sorry you have to do this so often" he says with a tinge of guilt building up in the pit of his stomach, he hated being a bother.

His smile falters a little when he sees Techno looking agitated "Repay me by staying alive" he replied, lazily rolling the gauze back and placing it on the counter.

Techno breathed in a heavy sigh, closing his eyes "I don't care how many times you come home late or hurt Dream. I just want you to come home alive"

"I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask and neither should you"

Dream looked up at Techno, lifting one of his hands to caress his cheek, leaning in slightly until their foreheads were touching.

Techno brought his hands down to the others waist, closing his eyes once again feeling the other nestle his head into the crook of Techno's neck.

They stayed like that for what seemed to be hours, pressed against one another in a sweet embrace as if letting go would make the other disappear. No words were uttered between the two.

The silence was enough, echoing volumes of all the longings they had for each other, the pain of loss, the joy of redemption, the promise of love.

The both of them wanted to say the three words their friends could say so easily as if the gravity of what they meant were nothing but.

The two most dangerous and the two most lonely in the entirety of the world. rivals-friends-lovers, finding each other but never finding the proper words to fully express what they mean to one another.

Techno pulled away from Dream and kissed his forehead in a tender and loving manner.

"Please don't worry" he says, all hushed and whispered, with a wise little smile that spoke so safely.

Techno helped Dream off the counter and ushered him off to bed, "What about you?"

"I still have to clean this up" he pointed at the bloody piece of cloth and all the medical supplies sprawled out on the counter.

"I want to wait for you. I feel bad for doing this sort of thing again"

"It's alright, you need rest after all"

"Fine" he says finally and makes his way upstairs to the bedroom, already wanting to change out of his dirty clothes thus leaving Techno alone with his thoughts again.

Sighing he went back to cleaning up the mess.

He knew and he knew for sure that that man would be his downfall.