Chapter 6

[WORLDS COLLIDE]

I didn't care who heard me.
He had a full body reaction when I said that. He coiled back in total confusion. "Fuck you mean rape? I ain't fucking rape you?"

"I told you to stop—"

"Nah, nah. I don't play that shit okay? I ain't a fucking rapist. I asked you if you wanted to and you said yeah." He looked genuinely convinced he was innocent, it made me even more upset.

"The first time yeah, but the second time wasn't and I told you that—"

"What the fuck you mean a second time? Bitch I left!"

"And then you came back—"

"No the fuck I didn't. My uncle had some shit for me to do and I left the party." He said it so matter of factly. I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or gaslighting me.

I didn't know if I should believe him. But I had to admit, it was dark, and I didn't see his face. Plus whatever was in that drink wasn't helping things. Thinking about all of it made me want to cry. Now I confronted the nigga I was afraid of, but maybe he wasn't even the right dude. Now I was left feeling confused on top of everything else.

I tried to blink back my tears. I didn't wanna cry in front of him. So I just got up and left. I ran into the nearest girls restroom, trying to cry in peace.
His crazy ass followed me in there too.

"Can you leave please?" I said through my sobs.

"No you can't just say some shit like that to somebody and walk off like shit cool!" He said getting in my face.
"That's not how shit work at all!"

"Okay okay I get it now leave me alone." I said, covering my face.

It was silent for a few moments while he watched me cry. "Somebody really raped you?" He asked, this time more calm.

"Yes." I said, drying my face.

"You know what he look like?" He said, clenching his jaw.

"No, I couldn't see him. His voice was different though."

"Well that was a brotherhood party, so that nigga gotta be rolling with us. I'm sorry that shit happened to you when I left. If you knew what he looked like I'd check him myself. We don't do that typa shit in the brotherhood."

I didn't say anything back. I was so confused and in a daze. He spoke again. "If you still need a ride I we can drop you out." He offered.

"Really?"

"That's the least I could do after..you know."
Even though I ruled him out as my attacker, I still wasn't completely okay hanging around him. He's in a gang, and I barely know him. But I didn't wanna get in trouble by having my parents come get me. So I agreed.

We walked out of the bathroom and just as we walked out I could see his crew from a distance coming out of the FootLocker. "Aye Snook we finna head out!" One of them shouted, beckoning him to come on.

As we continued to walk outside the only other girl noticed I was with them. "Who is this?" She questioned, making them all stop.