Chapter 15

[ON THE RISE]

I shouldnt have been that surprised he asked for a DNA test, why wouldn't he? I was just afraid of what would happen to me if it wasn't his. Would I be out on the street?
I just nodded my head in agreement even though I was still reluctant. Now we were on our way to the clinic. On the way there I had figured he was gonna make me go whether I wanted to or not, he was just buttering me up with new clothes and a phone to make me feel better.
"We just need to draw a bit of blood from you and we'll swab his cheeks and you'll have the results in about a week." The nurse told us. Great. I had a week until my life fell apart all over again.
I didn't flinch when the nurse drew my blood, Snook did though. It's ironic how he's shooting niggas but still gets squeamish around needles. After the nurse took my blood she swabbed both of his cheeks and put the swabs in the this little tube and sealed it off. It wasn't a long process at all. But I made sure to watch how Snook was being. I felt good seeing he was a little on edge about it. I'm not the only scared one.

After they got what they needed we left the clinic and headed back to his Uncle's house. As Snook drove his phone kept going off. They were instagram notifications. They kept popping up over and over. I wasn't a nosy person or anything, but I was seriously wondering why his phone was going off like that. "Who the fuck is spamming my shit like that?" He said, still driving but visibly irritated. When we got to the red light he finally picked up his phone. I watched his face changing, he was tapping his screen rapidly. I guess whatever happened was important, because he didn't even notice the light had turned green until the other cars began honking behind him.

"What is it?" I asked him.

He glanced at me before answering. "This song I did is blowing up right now." He said continuing to drive.

"You make music?" I asked in return.

"Nah, I don't. I just hopped on a track with my homeboy Rome for fun, I wasn't expecting him to drop that shit." He said shaking his head.

"Can I hear it?" I asked on impulse. I was simply curious but as soon as I asked I had this momentary fear, I expected to be rejected and embarrassed for even asking, but remarkably he let me listen. He pulled over in a random parking lot and played the song for me to listen. I just watched the phone while the music played but I could tell he was watching me in my peripheral. To be honest, it actually sounded good. I could tell why people were blowing him up over it.

"Why you aint sayin nothing? What you think?" He asked me sincerely. It seemed like he was bracing himself for my reaction. Did he actually care about my opinion??

I shook my head and smiled, "It sounds good Snook, I'm impressed." I replied. It was the truth too. I could tell that made him feel good.

Keniyah POV

I was in bed looking at all the attention Snook was getting. Dee told me him and Rome did a song together that's blowing up. Snook never mentioned doing music before so I was honestly surprised but part of me was jealous. I was just thinking that even more bitches would be after him now that this doing numbers.

"You need to forgive him so we can get out the hood!" My sister Kenjanae laughed as she watched the videos. I rolled my eyes in response. "Yall can be the next Durk and India."

"Bitch you stupid" I laughed. "Durk had a whole baby on India, that's not gone be me." I muttered under my breath.

"Yall still beefing?" She asked.

"I'm not beefing with that nigga. He already know what's up, the ball is in his court." I said plainly.

I know Snook wanna be back with me, but he needs to know that shit gone be different from now on. I'm not dealing with the other bitches and possible babies, that's just too much drama. I'm praying this baby isn't his so we can be together. I'm hurt but I love him more than anything, he's my first, so I'm trying to move past it. I just get so disgusted when i think about the fact that he was fucking that bitch raw and now she could be pregnant by him. I want us to be a family, not him and Imani.

"Girl do you see this?" Kenjanae said excitedly. "Jayvaun just liked and commented on his shit."

"You lying" I said in disbelief. Jayvaun is huge rapper from ATL. "What he say?"

"Check dm" Me and Kenjanae looked at each other in surprise. "Girl..."

Authors Note

yall have been waiting on this for a while and its been written for months i was just busy with life and all that so i havent been on wattpad, but now im backkkkkkkk. vote and leave comments. the next chapter will be posted soon💕