Chapter.3

**Gianni, the next morning(4am)**

My eyes open on their own accord, and I blink a few times before rubbing my eyes. I sit up, grabbing my phone and squint at the time.

4:02am

I hate when I wake up this early. I don't have classes until 7 this morning. Might as well do something productive.

I get out of bed, going into my bathroom and brushing my teeth along with washing my face, before throwing my hair up into a ponytail and heading out to my closet.

I wish I knew why I was the only one out of the four of us that got Mimi Rose's pin straight hair. And light brown hair. The rest of my sibling's sport dark brown, basically black curly hair. Except for Alaria, who has been dyeing her hair since she was 15. And Ezra who like me has light brown hair. But still curly, not straight like mine. But I am grateful that I don't have to deal with Curly hair. I've heard it's a hassle.

I change into a pair of Workout tights and a Sports bra, pulling on my Vapor Max's and grabbing my phone and airpods from my bedside table. I go out to the kitchen, grabbing a banana and eating it while I fill up my Water Bottle.

I open the front door, stepping out into the brisk September Air and stretching my legs. I put in my headphones, playing my music, before taking off down the sidewalk.

****

I finish my shower after my jog, checking the time once again as I brush and dry my hair.

6:00am

I finish getting dressed, grabbing my docs and my school bag then leaving my bedroom. I go into the kitchen, grabbing a Diet Coke from my fridge and putting it in the side of my bag before grabbing my motorcycle keys and helmet and heading out.

~~~

I get to school around 7 on the dot, heading straight to my first lecture. I sit down in the back row, taking out my computer and notebook as the class fills up and the professor enters as well.

"Let's get straight into it, guys." He says overly energized and begins teaching.

**Dimitrius**

I look around the hall, searching for the familiar girl. I spot her leaning against the wall next to the Vending Machine, drinking a Diet Coke.

She likes those, I can tell.

I walk over to her, smiling when I reach her. "How were your morning classes?" I ask her.

"Tiring." She responds. "I was gonna head off Campus for lunch today. Wanna come?" She offers, and I smile.

"Sure! and I don't have any afternoon classes, so no rush." I exclaim happily as she lifts up her bag from the ground next to her.

"Me neither." She replies. "Where'd you park?" She asks me.

"I don't have a car. Or a License." I respond, and she raises an eyebrow. "I just moved to America. And I just got my green card. So I haven't really had a chance to get one." I explain to her.

"Ah." She nods. "Well, ready for your second ride?" She asks, holding out her helmet. I smile, taking it and following her out. She pulls on an oversized Black satin button up over her top, leaving it unbuttoned as she climbs onto her bike.

"Isn't it unsafe for you to ride without a helmet?" I ask her, and she shrugs.

"I'll just buy a second one." She responds. I climb on behind her, making sure my bag is good on my bag and then swallowing nervously. I wrap my arms around her again, the way she told me to last night. She backs out of her spot and turns her head lightly to see me. "Ready?"