Chapter 28

**Dimitrius**

"So...how's it going?" Alaric asks me, taking the seat next to me in the waiting room.

"Last time I was updated, they said everything was going smoothly and they should be done in two more hours." I respond. "And that was about two hours ago, so hopefully, they'll finish soon."

"Okay, good." He nods. "You're the reason she's doing this, y'know?" He tells me.

"You guys are too-"

"Don't bullshit me. I know my sister, and I know that if you weren't around, she'd rather let herself die."

I don't think that's true. No matter what anyone says, I know that part of her didn't really wanna leave her family so soon. This is for them, too.

"Where's Alaria, and Ezra? And Ang-"

"Alaria and Dad are taking care of some business. Ez is getting settled into his dorm with his friends." He responds, and I nod slowly. "I volunteered to come down here, I wanted to make sure she's alright."

Before I can respond, the surgeon comes from behind the doors, removing his mask and smiling at us. "The surgery was a success. She's still out, currently. We'll be moving her to a new room for recovery. When she wakes up, we'll do a few precautionary tests and whatnot, then she'll be here for about three more weeks to finish recovering. Once she's released, we'll go over all the precautions and whatnot to finish her healing process and the future."

"Okay, thank you." I smile, and he nods, nodding at Alaric as well before going back.

~
~
~
~

About four hours later, Alaric has left and Gianni finally woke up. After a few tests to check her heartbeat and heartrate and getting her stitches cleaned and a new bandage put on, I help her change into one of my large loose t-shirts and some of her shorts, then help her back in bed.

"I felt them cut my chest open." She tells me as she lays back, staring at the ceiling. "It was weird, I felt a lot of it until they start cutting my fuckin heart. I think that's when I blanked out."

"That sounds painful." I murmur.

"Meh." She shrugs. "What did you do while I was in surgery?" She asks me curiously.

"I watched some TV, I fell asleep for a little, then Alaric came, then you were done." I name off, and she hums. "Are you hungry or anything?" I ask, and she shakes her head. I sit back in my chair, kissing the back of her head and smiling at her.

"What?" She asks, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Nothing." I shrug. "I'm just happy."

"Good." She smiles back. "Once I get out of this place, we go somewhere."

"You have to finish healing before we do anything." I quickly decline, shaking my head. She rolls her eyes, and looks back at me.

"I'm a fast healer, Bambi." SHe responds. "I vote we move to Washington."

"Washington?" I repeat in confusion. "What's in Washington?"

"Trees and Rain." She says quietly. "And far, far away from this bullshit. Washington is one of the states the Gang doesn't have much territory in." She explains.

"I'm fine with Washington." I nod. "An apartment, or a house?" I ask, and she thinks for a second before responding.

"A house. A big house." She responds. "With a nice yard, and a Library, inside."

"Oh! And a Art room!" I add excitedly, making her smile. "And a Music room. A really big Garden, and a big kitchen. And a super big garage, and an indoor gym."