Chapter - 9

As the intense battle unfolded between Reshiram and Charizard, a sudden shift occurred in Ash's demeanor. His voice deepened and took on a more assertive tone as he glared at Lance, seemingly unconcerned about the raging legendary Pokémon clash.

"Ash, stop Charizard before it gets hurt badly," Lance urgently ordered.

Ash shot Lance a disgusted look, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Since when did I start taking orders from a scared fool like you?" he retorted, his words catching Lance off guard.

Closing his eyes, Ash focused his inner strength, directing his aura towards Reshiram. His actions were cryptic, leaving others puzzled about his intentions.

Meanwhile, in another part of Eindoak Town, Cynthia and her team valiantly battled against Zekrom's overwhelming power. Despite their best efforts, they could barely make a dent in the formidable Pokémon's defenses. As Zekrom prepared to unleash its most devastating attack, panic spread among Cynthia's group.

"Everyone run!" Cynthia shouted, fully aware of the imminent danger. Zekrom's mighty attack engulfed the entire area, reducing everything to rubble and leaving devastation in its wake. The destruction was swift and unforgiving, leaving people, Pokémon, and dreams shattered in its path.

As the chaos settled Zekrom was gone vanished without a trace, Cynthia found herself barely conscious, catching a glimpse of two mysterious figures with hoods aiding the injured and saving lives amidst the wreckage. Exhausted and disoriented, she couldn't muster the strength to react to their presence. 

One of the hooded figures approached her with gentle care, binding a Pokéball to her neck with a delicate thread. He caressed her cheek tenderly, his eyes reflecting a mix of experience and kindness. "Don't die on me, my little girl," he spoke softly, conveying genuine concern.

The other hooded man, revealed to be Tobias, returned Kyurem to its Pokéball Kyrum was the one who defeated Zekrom, and Tobias engages in a mysterious exchange with his companion. The conversation hinted at a secret plan and a pivotal role assigned to Tobias.

"Are you sure about this?" Tobias asked.

"Yes, I am," the other man replied confidently. "I'll need you to stay here and make them believe it was just you."

Tobias nodded in acknowledgment, seeking clarity about Reshiram. "What about Reshiram, sir?"

"i'm sure, It's been taken care of" the man replied, surprising Tobias with the resolution of yet another enigmatic situation. He then entrusted Tobias with ensuring everyone's safety and vanished without a trace.

As Cynthia began to regain her strength, she found herself in a makeshift first aid center, with Ash sitting silently by her side, seemingly lost in sleep. She tried to wake him with no success, but his slight movement indicated that he was still aware of his surroundings.

At that moment, Tobias appeared, his cold and detached demeanor unchanged. Cynthia recognized him from before but couldn't place where they had crossed paths. Despite his apparent lack of concern, he provided her with a cup of water and an unexpected warning.

"Don't get yourself killed," Tobias advised, his eyes momentarily showing a hint of something deeper. He gestured towards Ash and added, "And that boy... don't let him bring out his other self. You'll regret it."

Cynthia was left puzzled and contemplative as Tobias walked away, eventually vanishing into thin air. Grappling with the weight of his words, she made her way outside to the bustling scene of wounded and displaced people.

She soon found Lance in the crowd, who rushed to her side with concern. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked.

Struggling to find her voice, Cynthia managed to respond, "Yes, I'm fine, just a bit dizzy."