Chapter 56

Night block his fist, then he put his foot forward, doubling his defense and when he saw an opening he attack but the man flashed.

That surprise him pero ng makita niya ng maayos ang mukha ng lalaking umatake sa kaniya, his brows furred.

The man has a blond hair and he was a fae, not a warlock.

"This is for Aira!" The man bellowed as he release his water pressure balls one after the other. Night managed to duck and avoid it and when he thought he would not be surprise anymore, he was wrong because the man release a fire ball.

"What the heck are you?"

Night hissed as he jumped and delieved a round house kick.

Night thought that Faes could only use one element so why the heck does this man can control two? And more importantly, why does he know Aira?

"I'm your fucking nightmare, you dog!"

The Fae popped his arm back into position, not minding the pain Night gave with his kick.

When the Fae flashed, Night looked around to search for him and that's when he found Hawthorn sitting calmly under a tree. He was yawning while watching them. May kasama itong isa pang Fae na hindi pamilyar sa kaniya.

Before Night could go to Hawthorn, the Fae who attacked him flashed in front of him and gave him a good punch in the jaw with his flaming fist.

Night's claw elongated and he sliced it across the man's chest, wounding his enemy. But before he could deliver another fatal wound, his enemy flashed again. And when the man emerge, the wounds on his chest was slowly healing. It was not as fast as a werewolf would heal but it was still freaking impressive which means that if he want to win thei match, he need to behead the man to end this quickly.

The Fae must have seen the determination and savageness in his eyes because the man changed his posture into a more dangerous fighting stand. The Fae attacked first and Night was about to kill the bastard when they heard a loud scream like someone was being burned alive from the inside out.

The sharp, loud scream made all of his hair stood up in fear when he realized it was Aira's voice.

The Fae must have realized it too because he quickly dropped his fist, the fire in his hands extinguished. Before Night could react, the fae ran inside to where the screams were and Night did the same.

***

"Why do you have these?" Hawthorn asked as he fingered the tapestry hanging on the wall.

Night ignored him but then he asked another question again.

"What is this?" He poked the smalled statue of their Moon Godness.

"Get your filthy hands away from our deity!"

Instead of flinching or backing away, the warlock only shrugged his shoulders and move on to his next question, eyeing the design on his bed frame.

It has only been a day since the warlock and its Fae companion, which he found out as Ministro Castro, Aira's cousin, have arrived and Night was already at the end of his patience.

He doesn not have any time or the energy to deal with them. Not now that Aira's presence was barely thriving.

He reached for Aira's hand and his heart broke at how cold she was. She felt like ice and her skin was becoming paler by the minute. He could almost see her veins and it match the color of her lips which were turning blue.

"Where the heck is Daniel?" Night hissed.

After Aira screamed yesterday, Night went directly to her only to find the Fae already cradling her unconscious body.