Prologue

Book three

Madilim ang buong paligid sa DQ pero dahil nasaulo na niya ang daan sa ilang taong pabalik-balik siya dito, hindi na siya nahirapan. Walang pinagbago ang lahat sa lumipas na anim na buwan na hindi siya bumisita. Ganon pa rin ang paligid, ang muwebles at ang katahimikan.

Everytime she walks pass someone they would pretend they did not see her and she would do the same. Here, words are worthless unless you will be uttering something of importance.

Marahan siyang kumatok sa malaking pinto ng tatlong beses. Then she cut her palm open and let her blood soaked the door knob. After a few seconds, umilaw ang door knob. A sign that they recognize her blood. The door knob twisted a few times then the door opened revealing a more darker room filler with red candles.

The darkness in the room flickered orange with the light of the candles set in the wall. And a looming figure awaits her. She entered and the door closed.

"I have come as you summoned."

The figure moved slowly. They were blending with the shadow so it's really hard to tell how many they are. She caught five different shades of black in her peripheral vision pero nang lumapit na isa sa kanila sa kaniya, agad siyang nagbaba ng tingin.

"Argaut has fallen."

His deep, rough voice rumble. The voice was different and menacingly dark. It's like ten men had combined their voices all together and one man spoke it.

"But his letter have arrived."

Naging tahimik ang buong paligid. It's as if there was something of importance with the letter and they need to digest it first.

After a few seconds of silence, he finally spoke the words she thought she'd never hear.

"The Void Walker is back."

Napaangat siya ng tingin. This means there plan must be executed now that the girl they need has come back.

"Bring the Night Howler. It will summon the beast we need."

Nagsalita ulit ang lalaking nasa harapan niya. He was really tall and big but because of the shadow that hides him pati na rin sa suot nitong itim na balabal, she cannot see his face.

"We need the White Fang."

A scratchy voice which sounded like a woman whispered behind her. She did not move for it would show disrespect to their leaders is she met their eyes.

"Find the cursed."

A low voice grumble and it echoed all over the room. Dahil doon, hindi na niya alam kung ilan ba talaga ang nandito sa loob ng silid.

"Summon the beast!"

The echo sounded like their were hundred of voice whispering all together while repeatedly uttering the word 'cursed witch' and 'white fang'.

Yumuko ulit ako and I kneeled before them.

"Consider it done my Lords."

Pagkalabas ko sa silid, agad kong sinuri ang Night Howler na ibinigay nila sakin. It was black and small. It looked like a whistle but it was made of bone. We lost so many men trying to get this and now and I'm holding it, I can see our plans finally coming to life.

I must find the cursed, get the beast and bring the white fang to the shadow. And then the world will finally be what it should have been: altered.