Chapter 58

The moment Aira opened her eyes, she felt like she's dying in pain, in hunger, in thirst and in soreness. She just felt like dying, period.

Dahil sa sakit ng buo niyang katawan, lalo na sa bandang may leeg niya, hindi na muna siya gumalaw. She stayed still on bed while she's recalling the things she remembered before she past out.

Naalala niya ang labanan, naalala niya si Lumina then Harper. Oh gods, si Harper.

She suddenly sit up ng pumasok sa isipan niya ang huling hininga ni Harper. Pero dahil sa ginawa niyang magupo, nahilo siya and she almost puke.

She opened her mouth to call someone and asked them about Harper but no words came out of her lips.

Baka nagkamali lang ako ng nakita. Sana nagkamali ako.

She tried opening her mouth again but it's so dry it felt like she's swallowing sandpaper. She reached for her bedside table where she always put a pitcher of water but when she extended her arms, wala siyang nahagilap. That's when she realized na wala na doon ang bedside table niya. When she looked at her surrounding, her eyes widen when she founs out that she's not in her room anymore.

Nasaan ako?

Her heart drummed in panic at kung ano-ano na ang pumasok sa isip niya, pero bago pa siya makareact, nahagip ng mga mata niya ang isang pamilya na bulto and she gasped in surprise.

A few feet in front of her was her counsin Daniel, sleeping on a couch. Narinig siguro nito ang singhap niya dahil bigla itong napatayo and with his sleepy eyes, he scan the surroundings as though he expected someone to attack him.

When his gaze landed on her, his eyes widen. "Ai." He breathes then with his long, quick strides, he went to her side then hugged her tight.

"D-Dan..." Her voice broke as tears gathered in her eyes. She missed her counsins so much.

Daniel's arms tighten around her and they hugged like that for a couple of seconds. When her cousin let her go, agad itong naglaho sa harapan niya and when he returned, may dala na itong pagkain at tubig.

"Eat, you need it." Sabay subo nito ng keso sa kaniya.

Aira immediately opened her mouth and ate all the food Daniel feed her. Hindi pa niya nauubos ang pagkain ng biglang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Castro pati na si Hawthorn.

She blinked in surprise when she saw her other counsin. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

Sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Castro kaya napakurap siya ng ilang beses. Among all her counsins, si Castro ang pinakakalmado kahit na Fire Fae ito. So him being annoyed with her doesn't make any sense.

"Hawthorn brought us her because we thought you died."

As if on cue, her memories flooded her mine, making her remember what happened next after Harper.

She remembered bit and pieces of Sinister's presence trying to come out. She remembered turning into a wolf which up to now still baffled her. She remembered the fight, the killings and blood then came darkness.

The darkness that consume her was nothing she have ever felt before. It felt hollow yet heavy. Weak yet strong. The empytiness felt so huge that she can't escape it no matter how much she fought it. Then she remembered hearing voices. She remembered Night as though he was speaking just right besides her ears.

His words were clear and he sounded in pain. She can't recollect all the words he said to her but she remembered parts of it.

"How can you be so stupid?" Castro barked and Daniel nooded as though he was thinking the same thing.