Friday

Like Kazuha said on Wednesday, she didn't receive a haiku today. She already knows about it but she can't help being a little upset. She'd been looking forward to reading what's on those little papers, yet it also frustrates her to think who it is behind all of it.

She grabs the haikus from the back of her notebook where there was a small little pocket. Whatever the professor is saying is coming in her ear and out the other as she stares at all 4 papers while she dances her pen around her fingers.

Kazuha would probably like to teach most of his friends how to make haikus. Albedo isn't really Kazuha's friend but is the twins' and they can be friends… Right? The other guy Mona thought of couldn't possibly write those haikus especially for her.

Long story short was that Mona is offended, until this very day. That guy said something Mona could never forget, it pulled at her heartstrings and made her doubt younger self. Even if that guy didn't mean it, well it still hurt her.

Said guy also has long hair. Albedo has his hair just above his shoulders, Mona thought he looked fashionable. You'd think he's the type to not care about his appearance, maybe he doesn't and looks good so effortlessly.

That Guy may or may not have cut his hair, maybe it was short now… Kazuha did say that his friend used to have long hair. 

She couldn't get him out of her head. She's literally in the middle of class and she should be paying attention but here she is wondering who that person might be. Who is it? What did he look like? Is he nice? And if it was That Guy, then would Mona even forgive him? Surely he would've changed—

Her thoughts were suddenly cut off by Lumine slamming her notebook shut. "We've been calling you for the past few minutes and we thought you were reading something so we gave you some time but this is getting out of hand. You were staring at those haikus again, let's go to the cafe and grab a drink."

She looks past Lumine's shoulders and sees Aether with Albedo. It surely couldn't be Albedo, he already has Aether. What was I thinking? I was probably too tired to think that day.

They all walk to the cafe, with Lumine making sure she and Mona are at least 2 to 3 meters away from the two lovebirds. They soon arrive in front of the cafe, Lumine tells Aether and Albedo to go find a seat while the two of them go and order for all four.

After Lumine paid, she went to the table they found and sat down. Mona, on the other hand, waited for their drinks.

She was about to bring all four drinks to their table when someone suddenly bumped into her. It wasn't enough to spill most of the drinks but it was enough to spill some on her shirt though. All four drinks were filled almost to the brim.

She became frustrated, just when she thought her day couldn't get any worse, this happens. The guy who bumped into her is also annoyed but when he saw who she was, he says sorry and puts some money on the tray Mona is carrying. It isn't like him to do so. He was in a rush to get out of the cafe. He shouts an apology towards Mona as he runs. She thought that the guy seemed familiar to her but she shakes the thought out of her head.

Mona looks down at how much the guy paid and it's more than double the amount Lumine had paid for all four drinks. Does this guy actually think she's going to forgive him just because of this much money? Maybe. He is in a rush after all, there's no use in running after him.

Mona walks towards her friends and puts down the tray and tells about the guy that just bumped into her. The same guy who is now outside, just hiding anywhere Mona couldn't see him. It is a bad hiding spot really, hiding in plain sight they'd say. They're currently in front of a building right next to the cafe, it's some fast food restaurant. At least Mona and her friends won't spot me here.

"So, what's with you two, hm? Why are both of you out of breath?"

They both turn around to see Kazuha smiling. "Kazuha, you almost scared the living shit out of me! Don't sneak up on me like that. And-"

Childe interrupts Scaramouche, putting his hand on his mouth to stop him from saying anything. He might just twist the reason of why they seem tired to something entirely different, "This guy just gave a huge sum of money to a girl. And here I thought I needed to come in and stop him from punching another person today, instead he said sorry, gave money then left."

"I take it that the girl you mentioned is Mona?" Kazuha guesses, taking a look through the cafe window to see Mona with the twins and Albedo.

"Don't look at them!" Scaramouche shouts as he makes Kazuha turn from the cafe.

"That reminds me, she gave her answer on who she thinks is behind those haikus."

"Seriously?! Who did she say it is?" Scaramouche practically begged to know.

"She actually paid attention to those?!" Childe queried with furrowed brows.

Kazuha ignored his friends' questions for now and is about to go into the restaurant, "Buy me dinner and maybe I'll consider telling you about it."

"Dinner is not until a few hours, Kazuha." Childe reminds him.

"I'd still like to eat."

They all enter the restaurant and Scaramouche stands in line, taking out his wallet. "Some fries then?"

"Yes, please."

Kazuha sure took his time to eat his precious fries. Childe may have helped a bit by eating some of the fries. Still, Scaramouche was like a cat on hot bricks the entire time Kazuha ate. He doesn't know what to expect.

Mona is smart and hardworking, that's a fact. But there's a part of Scaramouche that he won't be the one she first thought of, and what would he do if she actually guessed correctly? What if her guess is wrong? Is whoever she guessed the one she has been expecting?

"Mona thought it was Albedo." Kazuha finally said after a long time of silence from the three of them.

"Albedo has Aether now, right?" Childe asks as he takes one of Kazuha's fries.

"Yes. Perhaps she'd been too tired to think clearly these days. She must've realized it by now, especially when she's sharing a table with them."

Of course she would have thought of him first, the two of them were practically glued together during their middle school days. But he knows that Albedo only saw Mona as some little sister. Like how he does Klee and Lumine. "Did she say anything about me?"

"I don't think so, but she probably thought of you at least once. You were also one of her rivals back then, no?"

"I'll bring her somewhere tomorrow. Can you tell her to meet Kunikuzushi by the fountain? The smaller one. You know where I am referring to, right?"

"Yes, what time?"

"Around 7PM. I'll go now, I have to do something." Scaramouche stands up and walks towards the door.

"May the wind guide and strengthen your patience, Scaramouche." Kazuha smiles at him and waves.

"Goodluck, Scara!" Childe shouts as he takes some of the last fries from Kazuha.

His rolling eyes are not seen by his friends as he exits the restaurant.