Saturday

"Mona, wake up!" She shakes a sleeping Mona but she doesn't budge and decides to just pull her by her leg to almost make her fall and that makes her sit up.

"I almost fell!" She grabs a pillow to hug tightly and rubs the sleep away from her eyes.

"You still woke up nonetheless, now… Kazuha told me to tell you that you have to meet up with someone named Kunikuzushi."

"What time?"

"6:30pm."

"And what's the time now?"

"5pm…"

"And who am I meeting up with, again?"

"Kunikuzushi." Lumine smiles smugly and leaves their bedroom as Mona goes through her closet to find a suitable outfit. "You don't have to dress all pretty, Kazuha said it's fine to just wear something casual and go meet up-" She shouts from the other side of the door but is suddenly cut off by Mona.

"Alright, thank you!" What if the person prepared something extravagant? And that Lumine is just joking around with her? Then she’d regret wearing something so casual. Then it’d be the same if it would be vice versa, wearing something extravagant when there’s no need to do so. She'll have to just trust Lumine.

She decided to wear a hoodie and some sweatpants. Something that looks decent and comfortable should suffice, right? Kazuha said, based on Lumine, that it's alright to just wear pajamas so this should be enough.

Lumine has been waiting on the couch, scrolling through her phone when Mona walked out of their room with her hair down. “You didn’t even bother to tie your hair?”

“Didn’t feel like it, I’ll go now.” When she just closed the door, she blinked once, then twice. She opens the door again and asks, “Lumine, where am I going?”

“I’m actually supposed to bring you there, but I don’t have the energy right now. It’s still so early, come here and watch a few episodes with me.” Lumine turns on their T.V. and continues watching a show they promised to watch only together. It'd be betrayal if one of them proceeds to watch without the other.

"Fine. I've got no choice, I don't know the place." She walks over and sits beside Lumine, feeling quite nervous about meeting up with Kunikuzushi. Let's hope a few episodes can calm me down.

∘◦❁◦∘

After watching for quite some time, it's almost 6:30pm. They hurry down the stairs and walk towards the meeting place. Mona has all four papers in the pocket of her hoodie. She’s been asking about where it is nonstop but Lumine kept her mouth shut. The walk was quite long considering how far it is from their dorm, so it's now almost 7PM

Just when they were about to go behind the building to the actual meeting spot, they found Kazuha leaning against the wall of the building.

Kazuha looks up and approaches them, “He said that he wants her to go in alone. Privacy is a must for this. Do not fret, Mona. Just walk through here and you’ll meet him, perhaps even recognize who he is. By the way, your guess is incorrect. But I assume you already realized your mistake.” Kazuha shrugs and leaves with Lumine.

“Why did I have to say 6:30pm when it’s actually 7pm?” Lumine asks as she looks behind her to see Mona gazing up at the stars

“I didn’t want my friend to wait so long for Mona to arrive, but it seems like you two arrived just in time. He likes to prepare and make sure everything is ready so he tends to arrive 30 minutes earlier than the actual time.” Kazuha replies.

The moon and stars are now here to guide them through the night with their dim lights. It has always fascinated Mona, and the thought of fate and destiny being determined by the position of the stars up above the sky. As she stares at the exquisite night sky, she feels her heart beating more rapidly. She closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths. She then looks at where Kunikuzushi is, supposedly, waiting for her.