part 2: broken encanto

The next day, the only trace of Mirabel Y/N saw was how she ran after her sister Luisa the whole morning.
She was muttering something about the 'issue with the magic' and 'Dolores heard you eye twitching', but they were soon gone into a part if the town where the donkeys ran off to and Y/N wasn't able to follow suit with the conversation between the sisters.

Their day went on unspectacular until it became evening.

They had chosen to wear a nice, dark red shirt/blouse with black pants/a black skirt and when Señora Alma came to get them for dinner, the Guzmans and Y/N followed the lady up to the casita.

When they sat down though, Dolores, Mirabel and Agustín seemed a bit nervous, tense.

During the whole dinner, Mirabel kept eye contact with her cousin, but when Isabela blocked her view with a bowl and Dolores whispered something into Camilo's ear, the situation escalated a bit.

Camilo shape-shifted into at least five people before he whispered whatever Dolores told him into his fathers ear, who - unexpectedly - spit his water out again, earning a stern look from his mother-in-law.

It didn't take long until Pepa and Julietta knew what was up and Mirabel and Agustín tried to speed up the proposal, failing horribly as in all the chaos a golden tray with greenish glass slipped over the table directly in front of Abuela revealing what was kept a secret by Mirabel.

„Mirabel went up to Bruno's tower and found his vision and she's in it and is going to destroy the magic - WE'RE ALL DOOMED" Dolores yelled out, causing the situation to get out of control completely.

Isabela accidentally hit Mariano's nose with a flower and Pepa's cloud grew bigger and bigger until rain and thunder towered over the casita.

In all the hurry, Y/N only faintly noticed that Mirabel was running out of the dining room and was pulled away by Señora Guzman.

„We should probably get home, dear." Her soft voice spoke to her but Y/N pulled out of her grip and ran back inside.

„I'm sorry señorita, but I need to help Mirabel."

__

They stopped in the lobby, but there was no sign of Mirabel anywhere.

That was when Pepa, Camilo and Félix entered the lobby, the two males helping Pepa into a room to sit and calm down.

Y/N grabbed a cup of tea and gave it to Camilo.

„Here, let me help you." They said with a small smile, earning one back from the boy.

„Here you go mama."

A thundering cloud hovered over tía Pepa's head, revealing her stirred up emotions.

There was a loud bump against the wall, scaring Pepa and accidentally hitting Camilo with a lighting bolt, making him drop the cup and turn into various people in pain.

„Are you two okay?" Y/N places a calming hand in both Madrigal's shoulders, giving them a soothing smile.

„Yes, yes I'm fine, thank you dear."
Pepa slowly calmed down and grabbed another cup of tea that her husband Félix gave to her.

Y/N stood next to Camilo as Pepa drank her tea, breathing calmly.

„So, Y/N, you're living with the Guzmans, aren't you?" Félix asked with a smile and they nodded.

„Yes, it felt wrong to live in such a big house alone and they've offered a new home after it happened." They explained, gaze shifted to the ground.