part 3: the encanto is back?

Camilo had his eyes widened, looking at the person in front of them in shock.
He shook their body lightly, a couple of tears forming in his eyes.

„Y/N, please wake up"

Julieta looked at Y/N just as shocked as her nephew, crouching down to check her pulse and breathing.

„They are still alive. Camilo, please check their vitals every few minutes. I'll look for a kitchen. Mirabel, please stay here."

Julieta excused herself from her family and ran into town to look for a kitchen.

Dolores was helping their Abuela and Pepa and Félix came to kneel by Camilo, Pepa running a hand through his dark locks.

„They'll be fine. Julieta will help them."
She said with a calming voice, inside she was just as stirred up, but she needed to be there for them.

After a while, Julieta came back with a couple of arepa con quesos and sat down next to Camilo.

Camilo used his poncho to pat the blood a bit, until they let out a hiss.

„Ugh, stop that hurts." Their voice was croaky, but they were okay.

Camilo smiled, tears still running down his cheeks, but he pulled them into a tight hug.

„I'm so glad you're okay. Here, eat this."
He let go of them and gave them an arepa con queso of his aunt. He watched as they ate the baked good, but tensed up as the wound didn't fade away.

„Tía Julieta? Why doesn't it work?" Camilo's heartbeat picked up and he was looking at his aunt with widened eyes.

„The magic. I thought it would stay in things that were already premade, like the herbs I put into the cheese"
Julieta took out the glass bottle where she kept the herbs in and then sighed.

„I'm sorry Camilo, I think the magic has faded from there as well."

Camilo was panicking, his hands were trembling as he tried to comfort Y/N.

'Pathetic' he thought 'i should be the one comforting them, why do I need comfort now?!' his mind was clogged up with these thoughts, sweat started to form in his palms - his breath picked up further - until a hand held his one in place.

„Camilo. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. It's just a headache and a small scratch, that's all."

Julieta chuckled at the scene, so did Pepa and Félix, then she turned around to help Mirabel.

She looked at the spot where Mirabel had been a couple of minutes ago and then stopped.

„Mirabel? Mirabel?! Where are you?"

__

Camilo stayed with Y/N while the others were looking for Mirabel. As it became evening though and they still haven't found her, Camilo helped them down to the house of the Guzmans.

„Get some rest, Y/N." He smiled and let go of them.

Señora Guzman opened the door.

„Oh goodness, Mariano come here!" She let the two teenagers in and waited for her son to come down the stairs.

„Oh cariño, are you okay?"

She ran a hand through their hair and placed her palms on both of their cheeks, pressing a kiss on their forehead.

„The casita broke down, but it protected them from getting more hurt. Tía Julieta tried to heal the wounds, but unfortunately it didn't work."
Camilo explained as he smiled and wanted to go.