Settling Down

It took longer than he thought to cut up the large elk Zoro hunted. Their late lunch turned into an early dinner. When they finished eating Zoro kindly announced he will clean up the dishes of their little feast. So while Zoro did that Sanji went around the house to the green house. 

And wow. This place is bigger than he thought. How did they not see it when they first got here? The walls were sturdy that it wouldn't break easily, or get knocked over by a blizzard. The top is clear, of some rather strong glass to let the light in, getting things warm. 

Sanji walk down the rows and rows of flowers beds. There are so many things he could season with just these. As he looked more he could see more. It is like a cooks dream. Almost every vegetable, herb and spice is growing right here. He goes further to see the farm Zoro talked about. He sees peppers, onions (three types), carrots, corn, wheat, olives, and sugar cane. 

Gong even further back are orchards, apples, peaches, grapes, oranges, almonds, and more. When he got to the back he saw a door. He opened it to see he's back outside. He closes the door behind him and goes forward, to the next building. Going inside is like going into another world. There is actually grass growing. Cows, chickens and pigs are wandering around, living, having no clue that they lived on a winter island. Sanji quickly made his way to the barn in the distance, impressed as he walk there that someone took the time, in the snow, to build a giant dome for animals to survive and live, thrive without humans, in the winter. They built a whole knew ecosystem on a winter island! That's amazing.

In a corner of the barn there are baskets, metal cartons to collect milk in. He took a peak at the chicken coup, there were more than enough eggs. And with the count of the chickens, even the other two animals. They were due for some butchering. If Sanji and Zoro didn't kill and eat some of them then there will be a problem of overpopulation. It would seem he and Zoro are the next pair in a long while to get stranded here. He stayed a while longer to take a look at everything, there is even a small manure pile for the greenhouse and farm. Looks like he and Zoro have their work cut out for them.

By the time he understands everything, and makes a mental list on what to do for the next week at least, it late. So dark outside that it's hard to see where he even is. Luckily for him there are some candles lit on the inside so he could see through the window where the house is. 

Walking in he finds Zoro in the room getting under the covers to sleep. Sanji sighs as he himself gets ready for bed. He lost another day without apologizing to Zoro. 

Once again Sanji wakes up after Zoro. He doesn't know when Zoro woke up but it must have been early because it's not even breakfast yet. Sanji woke up almost the same time he would on the Sunny. 

Sanji gets up, changing into his suit, out of the clothes he used as pajamas. As he setting them down he noticed Zoro's clothes. He hasn't touched them, though he can guess Zoro enjoys wearing the warm clothes he has on now. Wanting to hurry up and start on breakfast, Sanji makes his way around to the greenhouse. Maybe he can make a nice fluffy omelette for them both. He should collect some wheat to make some loaves of bread, where he can turn that into garlic bread to couple with the soup he'll make for lunch using the rest of the elk meat. Though, Zoro didn't get him garlic and he didn't see some in the green house. 

Sanji pauses, not moving an inch. His eyes landing the the green haired man as he sat in a chair, almost like he's meditating. He would have missed him, he blended into the green very well. Sanji ogled at the man.

He has found that he actually likes the man. There are many things to like about him, from his tenacity, for his soft side, and yes he does have one but it's hardly ever noticeable with how strong and stoic he usually is. Salomon was right to fall in love with Zoro.

Zoro opens his eyes, turning his head towards Sanji who he could feel stare at him. The blonde jumps in his skin, having been caught. Zoro only raises his eyebrows. The blonde doesn't seem upset, did he not miss a meal? It wouldn't be the first time he lost track of time as he meditated. All Sanji does is look around shyly before take a few steps towards him. This is not what he expected, he thought for sure Sanji hates him. Like he's told the blonde, he kind of blames himself too.

"I'm going to make omelettes." Sanji tells him. All he does is nod. Sanji seems happy with himself, so he leaves going to collect some eggs for said omelettes. Zoro closes his eyes again.

He like this place. There is no wind to blow, just the growing of the plants, the water rushing in the aquaver to water said plants, the slight sound of snow falling to the ground from the roof. It's like everything is talking but nothing is talking. This is why he loves meditating in the crows nest, he's far from everything but not to far that he can't hear anything. He can feel everything and nothing at the same time. It's the best oxymoron. 

It doesn't last long as he can hear Sanji come back into the area not so quietly. He opens his eyes to see Sanji walking in with a very large basket in his hands and two more hanging from his arms. "S-sorry." Sanji says to Zoro, the swordsman giving him a frown at the disturbance, Zoro didn't even know he made a face. Now all he could do is stare at all the eggs the cook is carrying. Why does he have so many? Isn't that like all the eggs? Is he trying to kill off an entire generation of chickens?

Either way Zoro stands up and follows Sanji back to the house.