One | Found

A shrill cry echoed throughout the house

A shrill cry echoed throughout the house. By now I knew to mind my business and stay away instead of venturing out to find the cause of the noise. If the beatings from 12 years ago didn't tell me that, the dumb white girl in horror movies did.

I was not about to die because of a dumb white girl momen-

Next thing I knew I could hear gunshots and men barging in. Now I really didn't want to go venturing out.

But of course my curiosity got the best of me. I pulled my gun out I had on me at all times and started advancing forward towards the ruckus.

I could hear a man yelling something across the lines, "WHERES MY DAUGHTER?"

Daughter? As far as I knew I had no parents, so he couldn't be talking about me. My parents died in a fire. Or at least that's what I was told by my adoptive "father", which I never fully believed. But it was the only kind of information I knew of them.

Although my memories don't start till I was around 4, I do remember one man. We were in a backyard on a floating couch.

It was so beautiful. Flowers were hung everywhere. But I could just be making stuff up in my head.

I've been in this place since I ran away from my abusive foster parents. Every Friday the man would come "home" drunk. You can imagine how that ended. I was already small and fragile due to my age but the starvation and beatings really worsened it.

I was disgusted by myself. The eye bags, bruises, nasty cuts, and bones sticking out. I couldn't bare to look at myself for a while. But I was fortunate enough to escape after only being there for a minimum of 2 years.

While on the run I met Ivan Volkov. The person who runs this shit. He took me and some other kids, who turned into my best friends, into his care.

Ivan Volkov. Don of the Russian Mafia. Also the man who has taught me everything I know today. From how to love myself, to being an assassin, to foreign languages.

I took pride in my learning which led me to being one of the best assassins and knowing 7 languages. I'm humble but I'm not going to act like I don't know my talents and strengths.

Tuning out my thoughts, I focused on what was happening right now. I could hear a man and Ivan speaking. Should I mind my business? Yes. But am I going to? No.

Peaking my head out I saw a man's back facing me and Ivan as he said, "Ah Leonardo isn't it so nice of you to come pay a visit but what is it about this daughter of yours that you're talking about?"

My facial expression turned confused and shocked when the man spoke again saying, "My daughter Aunesti Black. I want her and Roman told me you have her."

It was then when the man turned around I immediately recognized him. The man from my memories. Could he be my father?

"Aunesti? Is that you?" he spoke

557 words I have no idea what voting does but I see a lot of authors say it so please vote (press the star button)

557 words
I have no idea what voting does but I see a lot of authors say it so please vote (press the star button)