Lust and Trust

Stark Tower, New York City. August 2024.

Over the next week James started spending more time at the Tower, and Ana was getting used to him being around again. She was civil towards him, no longer making it a point to be rude or ignore him. But she did her best to avoid being alone with him, always making sure Steve or Sam was also in the room. She wishes she could say she would never let anything happen with James. But the truth is, she does not trust her self around him. He is her soulmate, and that means everything about him is like a magnet to her. He's her personal version of a drug. A drug made especially for her.

The more time they spent around each other the less anger she felt towards him. But she didn't trust him anymore, and the hurt was still there. But she was trying and that's what mattered. James also did his best not to push her, emotionally or physically. He often saw a flash in her eye and knew she needed a break, fighting her own personal demons because of him.

It was exactly one week after that first dinner together when Steve sat on the edge of the bed while Ana walked around the room trying to find the clothing he managed to throw in every direction 40 minutes prior. He watches his fiancé move gracefully, her naked body calling him again despite the two orgasms she gave him. He could love her all day and night if she'd let him. And she has, but not today. James is coming over for dinner again, as he has every day this week and this time Steve and James what to talk to Ana about something.

She looks at him and double takes realizing he's deep in thought. His eye brows pulled together and his mouth pressed into a firm line.

Baby? Are you planning on getting dressed or does James get the pleasure of seeing your dick tonight too?

What? He asks her and looks up confused. All he heard was James and dick and can't possibly understand what those two things are doing in the same sentence.

Welcome back, space cadet.

She walks over to him, and stands between his knees. Her hands resting on his shoulders. Her breasts still exposed and within reach. Purple love bites decorate them where his mouth had been earlier. She runs her fingers through his hair. His tags now replacing James', which no longer adorn her neck. She's worn Steve's now for 4 months.

Where did you go? She asks, her eyes scanning his face concerned.

He pauses. I'm here.

Is everything ok?

Yeah. I told you Buck was coming for dinner tonight right?

Ana laughs and slips her bra over her chest before stepping into her cut-off jean shorts.

Are you sure you aren't the pregnant one? Yes you told me like three times today. And even if you hadn't told me 3 times I would have assumed he was anyway. He practically lives here.

Are you ok with that? Steve asks, realizing he never asked her how she was dealing with James being around so much.

Ana gives up on trying to find the shirt her fiancé ripped from her body and decides on a different one. An all black low cut tank top. The shows ample cleavage and is tight enough to show off the baby bump.

Am I ok with James being here so much?

Yeah?

He's your best friend, yes I'm ok with it.

Ana that isn't all he is. Steve gives Ana a knowing look.

Well I try not to think about that part. I'm working on trying to be his friend... for you and Natty. And not his ex or his lover or anything else.