Chapter 4: Fix What I've Broken

After the Hero VS Villain exercise had been fully completed, most of Class 1A opted to stay behind after class to go over the results. This is when the class finally had the chance to be formally introduced to one another - something that should've been done far sooner. But it was nice, even if it felt late. Her classmates appeared so excitable and passionate during each of their introductions. It was the sort of group Okimi found herself grateful for falling in to. Like she'd really lucked out.
Halfway through their discussion, the door swung open and Midoriya made his reentrance. Shock clinging to his face as his classmates all jumped from their seats, bombarding the kid with praises and too many questions. A subtle smile drifted onto Okimi's face as she glanced over to the crowd that had formed around the poor boy. With her phone quietly buzzing away on her desk, Okimi excused herself. Taking the opportunity to slip out of the room while everyone was preoccupied.

"O-Oh, wait! Okimi!" Midoriya's eyes did a double take as the girl passed him by. "I wanted to thank you for your help today! I'm glad you're doing better now."

"It was no problem, Deku." She grinned, opting to use his new hero name he previously seemed so proud of. "Besides - I think you're the one we have to worry about. Try not to break anymore bones, okay?"

With a contagious chuckle, he nodded his head in agreement before returning his attention to their classmates who hadn't yet stopped pestering him. All the while Okimi shuffled her way down the hall, hoping to get far enough away that her classmates couldn't overhear the conversation she was about to have; it was her dad. No doubt he was worrying about something.
A part of her was sad, honestly. Glancing down to his name on her phone screen, all she wanted to do was gush about the day she'd had. Tell her father about everything she'd learned so far, and how she was liking her classes. How she was doing better than she ever expected. And.. yet.

"Hey Dad." A cheerful tone tugged through the phone. "Sorry I didn't text sooner. I've-"

"Okimi! Where are you at?"

His voice sounded frantic, panicked even.

"You're okay, aren't you?"

"I'm fine! We were just.." Her voice started to falter, trying to think up anything to say, as long as it wasn't the truth. "W-We got this group project assigned to us this week. So my group decided to stay late to work on it, that's all. I meant to text you an update, but it sort of slipped my mind. I'm.. really sorry for making you worry so much."

"Oh thank goodness." He breathed out, shoulders untensing. "You know how my mind works - always going to the worst of it. I'm sorry - I know I should trust you more. Staying late to study." He laughed. "I got such a great kid."

Guilt sure cut like a knife.

Right now, it was piercing it's way through her flesh.

Making a home within her heart.

"So what's this group project you're on about, kiddo?" His tone shifted drastically, Okimi felt the air being stolen from her lungs.

"T-That!" Eyes swept up and down the hallway, frantically in search of an idea. Anything to help craft the story of her lie. But her eyes only found their way toward Bakugo's. The blonde wearing the biggest look of confusion on his face. "We're working on those Suit designs I told you about this morning, remember? Each group was assigned a Hero. They're trusting us to make the prototypes."

"Which Hero did you end up getting?" His questions wouldn't seize. Panic filled Okimi's eyes as Bakugo's gaze remained fixated on her. "Oh! Did you get the one you submitted that sketch for? What was her name again?"