9

Megan

Megan

I asked Nicki for a study session because I genuinely need it.

It's a Saturday the week before thanksgiving break. Finals are next week so I'm aiming for good scores.

I can't wait to see her.

"Heyyyy." Nicki greets and didn't even give me chance to knock.

She grabs my hand and helps me out of my coat. It's not cold outside, but it definitely does have some chill in the air.

"Hey." I take my shoes off and leave them by the door.

"This is my house. My mama and little sister are home so I apologize in advance." Nicki introduces. "You want something to drink? A snack? Anything?"

I shake my head 'no', "Not hungry yet, but I brought a gallon of wata and yo' favorites."

I hold up a Walmart bag.

"Meg!"

"I also brought some chicken and some groceries in case y'all need some." I always do that gesture for people because you never know someone's home situation, so whether or not I know I bring some so I don't eat out of their fridges anyways.

"Megan, that's sweet as fuck. Thank you."

She hugs me tight.

"Let's go in my room. I'll set that in the kitchen. It's to the right."

She takes the bag with groceries and I take the bag with chips and juice to her room, when she signals it's okay.

I go through the living room as instructed and see Nicki's door. I mean it's Onika written in Barbie font with some Barbie stickers around it. You can't miss it.

I open the door.

This is a Barbie room. Straight up. But mature.

Like if Barbie were a real life person, she would live here. There's so much pink and pink glitter. I smile, it is definitely Nicki's room.

I kind of stand there next to her bed and wait for her to enter. She does in a flash.

"Stalli..."

"What?" I smirk and look down slightly embarrassed.

"Calm down." She chuckles. "You can set cha stuff down anywhere. My house is your house."