10

Warning!!!

This chapter has mentions of illegal interactions between a minor and an adult. I am by no means endorsing or encouraging anyone to get in that type of relationship!

 I am by no means endorsing or encouraging anyone to get in that type of relationship!

Megan

I didn't return back to school when Christmas break ended. I'm missing the first two weeks of the second semester.

I miss Nicki really bad and I can tell she misses me because she blew my phone up all break and even more since I haven't returned to school. Almost on cue, my phone buzzes on the arm of the couch. I haven't even opened or seen her messages. I've just swiped them left off my lockscreen.

Barbie Girl 💕💕💕:

Meg, we been back in school for two weeks. Where are you?
Are you okay?
At least let me see a sign that you're okay
I'm here 4 u

The school doesn't have very good wifi, so I take it maybe she sent these messages earlier today and they just now coming in.

I pop my knuckles and neck as get up off of Patrick's floor.

I just got back to Texas last night.

Patrick connected me to a legit millionaire sugar daddy. The man flew me out to California and I was on his arm for the holidays. He paid me 50k. The most money I've made yet. That's the only plus about the trip.

I don't wanna talk about it much. I just wanna rest up today and get to school tomorrow.

I get up off the couch, unplug my phone from the charger and get my suitcase and purse. I wave to Patrick, who's probably cooking up meth in the kitchen and walk out the front door.

I watch my step since the house is older and got burned up a bit last year. After passing the fragile steps, I go down the driveway and get going home.

I turn the corner to get onto the sidewalk and hear a familiar voice.

"Megan? MEGAN!"

I turn around and see Nicki.

She must've came directly from school. According to the time the school day ended 20 minutes ago.

She runs towards me.

"Nicki—-"

While I'm ready for a hug, I get a gentle punch to the shoulder.