Chapter 7

Authors Note: I've been out of town for the past week and a half. Sorry about the lack of updates

Ash looked Sawyer in the eye "Yeah, what's up? You battled great against Paul! You know he absolutely deserves that Elite Four spot"

Sawyer responded "Yeah, actually I was going to ask about that."

Ash looked at him puzzled, "What do you want to ask?"

Sawyer took a deep breath in and responded, "I'd like to ask you for a job. I'm sick of doing nothing with my life just working security at a bank. I was meant for more then that.

I applied for a gym spot but never got a response."

Ash slightly sweatdropped, "Sorry, I guess I didn't see your name, or maybe my assistant Lille over there put you in the maybe pile"

Sawyer looked down at the ground. "Oh, I'm sorry for asking."

Ash shook his head. "I have bigger plans for you than just a gym leader. A trainer of your caliber should be an Elite Four member.

Sawyer's eyes widened. "You can't be serious!"

Ash nodded. "I am dead serious. You deserve that spot more than anyone else I know. Now do we have a deal or not?"

Sawyer offered his hand to Ash. "Deal. No questions asked."

Ash smiled and shook the hand. "Awesome! We don't have a league built in Alola yet, so we're still figuring things out. But, I'd like it if ya moved to Alola. Paul and I are gonna start training soon."

Sawyer shrugged. "I mean I think I could use a change of scenery. Kalos is getting old and no way am I going back to Hoenn." Sawyer said Hoenn with some venom in his voice, clearly expressing distaste for something that happened.

Ash replied, "Awesome. Can't wait to have you on the team Sawyer!"

Sawyer smiled, "As can I"

Lille walked back in the room with Zuko and Paul.

Lille gave Ash a grin and showed him a check which had a huge number written on it.

Ash's eyes bulged "How can we ever pay that back!"

Lille giggled, "Slowly over time, they're being nice about it. They were super impressed by Paul's battle and the Z move."

Ash pointed towards Sawyer, "Also, I hired him as an elite four member."

Paul's eyes widened. "WHAT! WHY WASN'T I CONSULTED ABOUT THIS!"

Ash ignored Paul and kept talking to Lille, "I think he's a great fit and he's a strong trainer and a nice person. He'd be great for us."

Lille nodded her head, "You know best. It's your Elite Four"

Ash grinned, "Thanks Lille!"

—----

The next day, Ash received a text message. It was from Clemont.

I have an item which you'd find interesting. Meet me at the house on Route 14. Come alone

Ash felt like that was slightly fishy, but he chose not to sweat it and headed towards the swamp alone.

After all, Clemont would never do anything to hurt him. He decided to only bring one Poke Ball.

—-

Meanwhile inside .....

A figure in a black suit held a knife to Clemont's throat, a mega ring around their finger. His Rotom Phone was on the floor with Ash's contact information open.