Chapter 8

10:14

Alola Region

Ula Ula Island

Peak of Mt.Lanikala

Ash stood with his "Elite Three" on the summit of the mountain where the Alola league would be constructed in the future. Lille was bundled up in a thick coat, writing down something on a clipboard.

Sawyer looked at Brendan. "We're ready Ash."

Ash looked at Paul and nodded, "As are we. Let's do this Alolan battle royale style. Every man for himself, first one out pays for dinner today"

Lille glared at the boys, "You guys better not cause too much destruction. Construction starts tomorrow and you four bozos better not blow anything up."

Ash shrugged Lille off. "I'm ready when you guys are!"

Lille rolled her eyes, "Alright then, let's get this done with so we can finish the real work today."

Paul looked at Ash and nodded, they both threw out their Poke Balls at the same time. Ash had selected Quilava and Paul had selected his Drapion.

Sawyer and Brendan both threw out their respective Pokemon, Sawyer with his Aegislash and Brendan with his Manectric.

The four trainers grinned at eachother and Brendan opened the match by yelling out, "Manectric, use discharge on everyone!"

Sawyer pointed at Aegislash, "Use King's Shield!" Aegislash began to glow and the electric attack did nothing to him

The electricity shocked Paul's Drapion, causing the poison type to take some damage. Meanwhile, Ash's Quilava was nowhere to be seen.

Brendan yelled again, "Manectric

, use Flamethrower!"

Sawyer pointed at Manectric and screamed out "Use Sacred Sword!" Sawyer's loyal Ghost Type slashed at Manetric and the two attacks met in a massive explosion. Meanwhile, Quilava snuck up on Paul's Drapion and blasted the Drapion with an Eruption. The scorpion winced from the pain and pivoted swiftly. Drapion grabbed Quilava with his tail and awaited Paul's order

Paul yelled out. "Drapion, Poison Fang now!" Drapion's Fangs pierced Quilava and the fire type yelped out in pain.

Ash yelled out "Quilava no! Try and escape with Eruption!"

Suddenly, Drapion was struck with a Night Slash and the Poison Type turned swiftly. Manectric was right behind them and blasted the entire group with a Flamethrower.

Drapion turned around and swung in a cross poison, striking Manectric. Manectric landed on the ground, poisoned from the look of it.

Brendan pointed at Quilava. "Quickly, hug Quilava and use Discharge! He's the weakest one here!"

Manectric sprinted as fast as he could towards Quilava and grabbed the fire type and zapped him with everything he had. Drapion was struck in the blast, as Aegislash protected himself from the brutal discharge.

Quilava was flung to the ground, and Manectric sat there looking proud of himself. Just then, Quilava started to glow and his form began to change. The fire type began to grow and grow and eventually stood up on two legs. Quilava was no more. Ash now owned a Typhlosion. Typhlosion grabbed Manectric and unleashed a massive fiery explosion. Manectric fainted from the attack. Brendan cursed and recalled his Pokemon.

Lille giggled from the sidelines, "Guess he's paying for dinner! I'm gonna order a steak!"

Brendan shot her a glare, "No! Just because you're my boss doesn't mean you can rob me like that!"