Chapter 6

Soon after a unknown creature stepped out of the trees and into the light of the lamp-post

He carried a umbrella and also carrying several brown paper parcels.

They both screamed at the same time, the creature hiding behind a tree while Lucy grabbed Everly's hand tighter and pulling her to hide behind the lamp-post.

They slowly looked at the tree the creature was hiding behind.

Lucy walked forward and slowly knelt down to pick up one of the parcels he had dropped, he walks out and hesitated to say something and made a small gesture with his hands.

" Where you hiding from us " Lucy said almost sounding offended " no .... I was um.... Just.... Didn't want to scare you" He said

" If you don't mind me asking what are you? " Lucy said looking down at Everly lifting her up by her arm as she had fallen over after being frightened.

" why, I'm a faun and what about you? you must be some kind of beardless dwarf? the faun asked " we're not dwarfs we are girls " Lucy replied sounding a little bit obvious.

Lucy bend down grabbing another parcel " And actually I'm tallest in my class" Lucy added with a little bit of a lisp, as she handed the parcel to him.

" Do you mean your daughters eve? " The faun said sounding shocked " My mum's name is Helen " Lucy said looking sceptical " Yes, but you are indeed human" " yes " Lucy replied.

" What are you doing here " The faun asked " Well, we were hiding in the wardrobe in the spare room " Lucy was cut off by the faun speaking " spare oom..... Is that in Narnia " The faun said confused.

" Narnia what's that " Lucy replied, wrapping her arm around Everly's shoulder. " Dear girls you're in it, everything from the lamppost all the way to Castle Cair Paravel on the eastern ocean, every stick and stone you see, every icicle is Narnia " The faun said pointing out what he was talking about " I'm sorry please allow me to introduce myself my name is Tumnus."

" Pleased to meet you Mr Tumnus I'm Lucy Pevensie and this is my little sister Everly " Lucy replied extending her hand towards Mr Tumnus.

Tumnus just looked at it in confusion. " Oh you shake it " Lucy explained " umm, why? " Mr Tumnus asks " I-I don't know- " Lucy said confused "people do it when they meet each other " Lucy explained to Mr Tumnus.