Chapter 9

"shut up, he's coming" Edmund said coming out from behind the curtain, saying that Peter came from around the corner "you know I'm not sure you three quite have the idea of this game" he said

Peter stepped forward picking Everly up and placing her gently on his hip. "Weren't you wondering where we were" Lucy said. "That's the point, that's why he was seeking you" Edmund said clearly annoyed.

"Does this mean I win" Susan said coming from behind Peter. "I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore" said Peter. "We've been gone for hours" Lucy exclaimed.

The siblings went on to check out the wardrobe. Susan and Edmund going to the back of the wardrobe knocking on the back. "Lucy the only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe" Susan said.

"One game at a time Lu, we don't all have your imagination"said Peter. "But I wasn't imagining, Everly went to" Lucy said. "That's enough Lucy" Susan said clearly annoyed.

"I wouldn't lie about this" she said. Edmund stepped forward "I believe you" he said. "Didn't I tell you about the football field in the bathroom cupboard" he continued with a smile. "Will you just stop " Peter said. "It was just a joke" Edmund said defending himself.

"You have to make everything worse don't you, when are you going to learn to grow up" Peter said being a grown up. "Shut up, you think your dad, but your not" Edmund yelled, making Everly let out a cry grabbing a fistful of peters cardigan.

Edmund ran out of the room. "We'll that was nicely handled" Susan said, following after Edmund. "But it, it really was there" Lucy said in a small voice. "Susan's right Lucy, that's enough" Peter said, waking out of the room.

"Was there" Lucy whispered in peters ear. Peter stopped walking, looking down at his little sister before carrying on walking into the room Everly shared with Susan and Lucy, carefully placing Everly on her bed before tucking her in with her teddy bear.

"Goodnight" he said kissing the crown of her head before waking his way out of the room turning the lights off leaving Everly in darkness except the small light coming from her night light.