🌞Chapter Two🌝

I open up the large door to see a massive golden statue of the animatronic I saw on the website. There was also another version of him that looked like a moon. "a bit creepy for kids, hm?" I muttered. I look down to see a sign above a colorful slide, reading "SLIDE INTO FUN" "Don't mind if I do!" I giggle while going down the slide. I land into a bright ballpit, still giggling while 'swimming' up to the edge. I get up and look around the huge room, admiring the bright colors and playsets. I start walking to the desk to see the paper that shows the list of times and correlating activities.

8:30 - Employee Arrival
9am - Opening, Toy Playtime
10am - Storytime
11am - Physical Playtime (hide and seek, tag, and/or any other physical game of choice.)
12pm - Snack Time
12:30pm - Arts and Crafts
1pm - Puppet show
2pm - Toy Playtime
3pm - Snack Time
3:30pm - Children's Choice of Activity
4pm - Storytime
5pm - Physical Playtime (hide and seek, tag, and/or any other physical game of choice.)
6pm - Snack Time
6:30pm - Children's Choice of Activity
7pm - Arts and Crafts
8pm - Puppet Show
9pm - Toy Playtime
10 - Closing Time

I took a picture of the page to help me memorize it, until I hear a gasp from behind me. "Hello new friend!!" Sunrise says excitedly while turning me around and picking me up by my waist. "O-Oh hi! Sunrise, i-isn't it?" I say shakily. "Yes it is!!" he says putting me down and clapping. "what's your name friend? Huh? Huh?" he gets close to my face and I blush feeling my stomach tense up. "It's uh.. 'Y-Y/n'" I say smiling, feeling a bit flustered by how excited and friendly he was. "Oh my, how absolutely LOVELY!!!" He says spinning around. "What a beautiful name to fit such a beautiful girl!!" He says as his head spins around happily. "oh, why t-thank you s-sunrise.." I stutter shyly. "No problem best friend!!" he says while rocking back-and-forth on his cute jingly shoes. "I'm here to be your assistant for the daycare." I say happily. "Tonight I'm supposed to help you clean everything up and make sure it's ready for the kids tomorrow." "Oh wow! So I'll get to be around you all day, everyday? That sounds like so much fun!!" he says while clapping. "o-oh y/n?.." he says slowly, his voice lowering to a gentler tone. "there's only one rule in here. You need to keep the lights on.. on.." His voice trails off. "a-alright Sunrise, that's fine by me!" I say patting his shoulder, trying to disregard the quick change of attitude . We start to clean up a bit and he continues to constantly ask questions about me. My favorite color, my favorite food, etc. 'What a sweetheart!' I think to myself happily.
We finish cleaning and sanitizing the Daycare, and I look at my watch, seeing that my shift ended 20 minutes ago. I turn to sunrise as he puts up some toys into a colorful bin. "Sunny?" I say gently. His head pops up and spins. "yes, y/n?" he turns his body to me directly after. "It's time for me to go buddy. I promise I'll be back tomorrow." He looks at me for a second and then picks me up to hug me tightly. "Awww, I'll miss you oh so much, Y/n!" he says, placing me down gently after the hug. "I'll see you tomorrow!" he says waving as I get all of my things into my bag. I wave back and walk out of the door. I think to myself as I walk out and get into my car, sitting down and sighing heavily.
'Man.. this is gonna be an awesome job.'