Chapter 4

Y/n's pov:

We had made our way into Casita Madrigal making sure we did cause unwanted attention "where is Bruno's tower anyway?" I whispered to Mirabel, we were hiding behind a potted plant on the second floor "follow me" she grabbed my hand and led me to a hallway with a dark door at the top "this is Bruno's Tower" we started up the stairs to the door "remember be careful" Mirabel added.

In his room was a wall with a big cut out of an hourglass and sand waterfall. Mirabel walked up to the hourglass frame and stuck out her hand for the sand "casita, can you turn off the sand?" The tiles bounced up and down outside the door indicating no "you can't help in here?" I asked the casita the tiles bounced again this time more aggressively "we'll be fine, I need to do this, for you, for abuela, and maybe a little for me" Mirabel added

"Ready?" I asked her, she gave an energetic nod "find the vision-" we started to the sandy frame "-save the.." as we stepped through nothing was beneath us. "Ahhhhh" we screamed as we plummeted into a pile of sand face first. Mirabel stood up to find her glasses filled with sand.

As I looked around I saw a rock pointer finger going up with the words engraved "your future awaits" I looked up to see more than 1000 stairs "oh god" I mumbled, Mirabel looked just as stunned "can you use your gift to help us?" It was a dark door which meant no magic in here "no ma'am we have to do this alone" we started up the stairs eager hell Mirabel was singing. This is going to be a piece of cake.

"I give up no—no" we weren't even halfway up the hell of stairs "Y/n please" Mirabel gasped struggling for air.

One eternity later.

I could see the top. I was so close—we were so close. I peaked my head over the top "NO!" We couldn't cross; there was an endless cliff with no bridge. I think I blackout a bit because next thing I remember me and Mirabel were swinging to the other side of the cliff. We just made it "woo" I yelled before a large piece of the cliff started to fall. Mirabel was standing on the piece of cliff that was falling. I yank her off just in time. "That was a close one" I sighed with relief. "Look over there" Mirabel pointed to a doorway nearby. The doorway had an arched ceiling that led to a hallway.

We saw a circle metal door and the end of the hallway before us. Mirabel led the way whilst I followed right behind her. She knocked down a vase leaning on the side of the wall and rats came flying out startling me. I hit behind Mirabel's hair peeking to see the rats crawling into the wall. I walked a bit ahead, Mirabel right behind me, I peered into the room: it was dark and filled with sand but the two piles were green glowing shards of glass.

I heard the door start to shut "no." I started to the door but it was too late. It had shut and now the glowing shards were more vibrant than ever.

Mirabel and I went to the two different piles of glass. I grab a piece then another and another piecing them together, solving the puzzle. I hadn't noticed the cracks creating before us, nor the sand falling "Mirabel look" I screamed at her to notice the room around her. I quickly picked up all the pieces in my pile and shoved them down my pockets.

Sprinted to the door thinking Mirabel was right behind me but she was still digging for a sharde "MIRABEL LEAVE IT" my voice was cracked and hollow 'would we even make it out alive?' Mirabel quickly grabbed the last piece and ran to my side. We tried pushing on the door but it was no use "no" I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. Mirabel grabbed the door handle that we forgot was there. We went flying out of the room on sand almost falling off the cliff.

Mirabel grabbed me and pulled me away from the cliff of doom. "Let's get out of here." I told her, she gave me a silent yes and we started to the entrance.