Chapter 5

Narrators pov:

At the dinner table Y/n sat between Mirabel and Señor Agustín. "The Guzmáns and the Madrigals together will be so good for the encanto!" Alma began, she was mostly talking to The Guzmáns "yes! Then let's hope tonight isn't a horrible disaster" Señora Guzmán added, everyone grabbed their glasses and for a toast of celebration "you know Alma I always thought a L/n and Madrigal union would be wise, everyone in the town wants it actually, they say it will be good for the community" Y/n and Camilo gave each other a glance before returning to their drinks "after Camilo's ceremony everyone thought Y/n and Camilo were sure to be betrothed in the future" Y/n choked on her drink and Camilo spit his out, she kept subtly coughing "um what" she asked sked Señora Guzmán, she looked back and forth at her and Camilo "oh I'm sorry did I make you uncomfortable?" She asked, 'I know she didn't mean to make things awkward but jeez saying that while we're at the table' "no it's fine—it was just unexpected that's all" Y/n reassured her. Everyone went back to eating and that's when Y/n noticed Mirabel.

Mirabel was staring Dolores down trying to warn her not to say anything "can I join" Y/n asked Mirabel, she gave her a nod not wanting to break the contact. Both Y/n and Mirabel were giving Dolores death stares while Dolores was shaking with a glass in hand both Y/n and Mirabel's vision was blocked by bowls "avocado?" Asked Mariano, Mirabel and Y/n moved the bowl away as fast as they could to find Dolores telling their secret to Camilo.

Camilo's face was shapeshifting into everyone involved in the secret then into a deformed version of himself "Camilo fix your face" Felix commanded, Camilo shook his face back to normal then looked at Y/n, she hid her face with her glass pretending not to know anything. When Y/n looked back to him he was telling Felix, he spit his drink onto Mariano and his food, Camilo gave Mariano a 'i'm innocent' smile. A storm cloud started to appear over Pepa's head as Felix told her the secret "Pepa! The cloud" Alma sighed, Pepa started whispering under breath "clear skies" over and over. Pepa bent over to Julieta and told her, almost everyone knew now, Y/n and Mirabel were in deep shit.

Cracks started to appear under Mirabel's feet spreading all over. At this point Y/n was hyperventilating, drowning out everyone's words lost on her own. The wind was picking up due to Y/n stress. A few words were passed around and apparently Mariano wanted to play Isabela a song so Luisa was going to get the piano but Mirabel and Y/n both shook Mariano out of his chair and onto one knee. Mariano began the speech while cracks started to form next to them and both girls jumped into action covering them up with their bodies.

Out of the corner of Y/n's eye she saw Antonio's pets taking the shards of the visions from Agustín's pockets and bag and assembling them under the table whilst Luisa was dragging the piano out "will you marry me?" Mariano finished pulling out the ring "no" Y/n lept under the table and Luisa dropped to the grown crying. Mirabel was right behind Y/n. Everything was chaos and Dolores slipped up "Mirabel and Y/n found Bruno's visions. Mirabel is in one and y/n is in the other. Mirabel's going to destroy the magic, Y/n's going to die, and we're all doomed!" She screamed so everyone could hear.

Antonio's pets had set the two visions up on the table and as Y/n reached for the visions she accidentally pushed them directly towards Alma.

More cracks appeared and the house began to shake, Pepa's storm was raging, Y/n's winds were blowing, Camilo turned into a man baby, Isabela's flower punched Mariono, and to put the cherry on top the doors opened and people were screaming congratulations.

The Guzmáns ran out of the house with everyone trailing them. Y/n and Camilo stayed behind. "Y/n?" Camilo asked, they looked at each other for a good while before she ran out the room looking for Mirabel.

Alma stood before the town who stood at the door wide eyed "the magic the strong, everything if fine, we are the Madrigals!" She slammed the door on the faces and screamed for Mirabel while lighting erupted in the house.

Y/n searched for Mirabel but couldn't find her anywhere. She gave up and made her way to Bruno's room not to look for answers but to cry—to mourn her inescapable death. And to make sure no one would find—no one would dare look. Not to mention her power couldn't take control here, there was no magic in the dark door. As soon as Y/n entered she dropped to her knees, letting the tears fall, letting the screams out. She knew Dolores could hear her and would probably tell Camilo where she was. But for now she was at peace alone in the chilling room.

She cried alone for a while hoping no one besides Dolores could notice the screaming—the pain. Dolores came stomping in but to Y/n's shock she was alone. She didn't tell anyone. Dolores lowered to her knees in front of Y/n and held her, held her till the pain went away. She stroked her hair telling her it will be ok and that they will figure out a way to fix it.

Camilo was walking around looking for Mirabel when he walked past Bruno's door to find Dolores comforting Y/n—hugging her whispering sweet sorrows into her red ears. He started up the stairs to make sure she was ok—to help. Dolores shook her head and waved him away, mouthing "not yet" to him. He hesitantly backed off down the stairs and continued to search for Mirabel.

Camilo's pov:

I wanted to be there for Y/n but I knew Dolores was right—not yet—I needed to give her time before she could tell me what was going on. Was she really going to die? Was I going to lose her forever? I clawed the idea out of my head. I couldn't think about that—not now at least.

I had heard sorrow screams earlier but I didn't know where they had come from I just knew who they were from.

Y/n's pov:

Dolores held me for a while before letting me be and closing the door behind her. I sat there until I felt no more pain no more hurt—until I felt acceptance. Slowly opened the creeky door and stepped out of the forgotten room. Each step I felt more at ease with my future. I had made it halfway down the stairs when something felt wrong—it felt strong even growing. I turned around to see Bruno's door...glowing brighter and brighter by the moment. "He's back"
————————————————
Short chapter!!!

Let me know what y'all think?

Love y'all <33333