Chapter II: "The Raffle"

Following practice the next day, Saturday, Nettuno hopped on his bike and rode on the bike path all the way to Autumn’s house.

“Nettuno, what are you doing here?” Autumn asked. “It’s after practice. I thought you’d be at your casa.”

“It ended early, and my parents don’t expect me home for a half an hour, so…”

Autumn cut him off. “Sure, I can step out,” she said as she did just that. Suddenly, she pointed behind him. “Hey, check that out!”

Nettuno turned around. There was a poster for a raffle at the Emoco Children's Center. The winner got some kind of special mystery prize.

“I wonder when that is,” said Autumn.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, Autumn was awakened by a strange glow and a humming. She followed the glow and the noise to her closet door.

Where no one was.

Where the glow was coming from the wall.

Of course! Autumn thought. It’s sunrise. The glow is probably reflecting off of the window, and the noise sounds a lot like mosquitos.

With that thought in mind, Autumn went back to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Monisha hopped right out of the car, with an Abby Yvette song playing on her phone. Abby Yvette was a music artist that Roxie-Caitlyn introduced Monisha to.

Monisha was so excited that her mother, Shana, had to follow her as she ran inside. She didn't slow down until Shana and she got their tickets. They sat down right next to Haden and his mother.

“Hey, guys!” said Haden.

“Ni-hao!” greeted Monisha. “What number did you get?”

“LH1PC2,” Haden read. “What’s yours?”

“MWAE13.”

Just then, a man stepped out from the curtains. He had a judge's robe on and very light brown hair.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the tickets for the Pre-Mock Trial Raffle for a mystery prize have been drawn. The winning numbers are on the big screen!”

Monisha jumped up to look at the screen, and…

There was her number!

MWAE13!

It was right there! Third on the list!

Without another word, Monisha ran to the Prize Zone: the gift shop.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent checked his watch and ran to Shelly.

“It’s time,” he said. “The raffle is going on right now.”

“Alright, let’s do this!” Shelly whispered excitedly, as she always did when talking about the impossible. “Let’s go recruit young superheroes!”