𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒

"Alex stop!" I shouted as I run through the cold house. I hear him laughing down the hall. God. That laugh, I could listen for hours. 

"Lilly come here!" I hear him. Then the running stops, I stop at my couch. I don't hear him anymore?

"Alex??" I say wondering where he went. Without making a noise he comes up and tackles me onto the couch. I squeal. 

"I told you I could get you." He tells me. He holds me in his arms, the butterflies that give me are too much. 

"Oh whatever, also why is it so cold in here?" I ask turning to my mom in the kitchen. 

"I don't know hun. I turned the heater on so it should be working soon." She tells me. After that, I hear Alex's phone go off. 

"Aw man my mom wants me home" He says looking at me. His eyes are so pretty. We both stand up and I walk him over to my door. 

"Okay, text me." I respond as he leaves. I stand at the window and watch him walk down the block and turn to his house. Sighing and walking over to my mom she gives me a look. "Mom." I say already knowing what she's thinking. 

"I'm not saying anything" She says with a smile on her face.  I slightly blush and shout 'love you' as I run back to my room and plop on my bed. 

*Ding*

New Message from: dumbass<3

hey lil, my mom is taking my phone away because i didn't do my fuckin home work :/ i'll text you as soon as i can, ly

I respond with 

okay alex, ly2

I set my phone down next to me and think. What could I do, no one really talks to me except for Alex. He and I have been best friends for as long as I could remember, it all started when he and his family moved here from Mexico when he was like 5 or something. I somewhat remember that day but considering we were so little, not very well. All I know is that it was one of the best days because I met him. 

Maybe George wants to hang, let me ask him. I open my window and tap it, our roofs are connecting so it's easy to get his attention. He opens it and smiles when he sees me.  

"Hey, Lilly what's up?" He asks.

"Oh nothing, I'm just bored" I respond while trying to think of something to do, 

"Want to go to the gas station?" He asks.

"Sure! Uh, I don't have money" I tell him. He scoffs and laughs a little. 

"I'll pay" He says. I try to deny but he just puts a finger over my mouth and stops me. I don't really have a choice now. 

"Okay fine, meet you outside." I tell him climbing into my window and closing it. Getting real jeans on and going downstairs. Seeing my dad home as well must've just gotten home from work. 

"Hey dad, hey mom, can I go to the gas station with George?" I ask. 

"Yeah okay, just be careful it's getting dark." My dad says. 

"Okay, love you guys, bye!" I say running out my door. I then see George waiting on the sidewalk with...two hoodies? 

"Before you ask, I knew you'd forget yours so I just brought you one." He tells me handing me one. I know start noticing how cold it is and that I did indeed forget a hoodie. I laugh. 

"Thank you George"I say putting the hoodie on. We then start walking. Not really talking, mainly because we don't know what to talk about. 

George has also been one of my good friends for a long time, it's funny he's lived here his whole life but I wasn't friends with him until middle school. It's mostly because that boy never came out of his room, always playing video games. I was always outside with Alex. 

"I keep forgetting we have to go back to school Monday" He says. 

"Ugh don't remind me." I respond. He laughs shaking his head a little. 

"Oh and are you and Alex still coming to the airport tomorrow with me to go get Nick and Clay?" He asks. Nick and Clay went on vacation together with their families. They're basically brothers because both their families are extremely close. 

"Yeah probably, I could just spend the night with Alex depending on the time we are leaving. Also what about Karl?" I ask. 

"Two am so yeah you should. And I don't know, I haven't really heard much from Karl. I hope he is okay though. I've texted and called but no answer. But see remember this is the time of year when everything happened with his mom so it's understandable." He tells me. 

"Yeah. I feel bad for him though, maybe we should check up on him?" I ask. He shakes his head. 

"No, he would just push us, but he knows we care." He responds. I nod my head as we walk in silence again. 

-T I M E- S K I P-

I had George walk with me to Alex's house because it's darker and I'm kind of terrified of the dark. I knock on the door and his mom answers. 

"Ah hello, dear Lilly, and hello George, what can I do for you?" She asks. 

"I was wondering if Alex can come to spend the night with me, we need to leave at two am to pick up Nick and Clay remember?" I say. 

"Ahh yes yes. I suppose this gets him out of trouble. Alexis!!" She shouts. He runs down the stairs and his face lights up when he sees me. 

"Yes, mom?" He responds. She hands him his phone.

 "Estás fuera de problemas esta vez, ve a empacar y pasa la noche con Lilly" She tells him. I don't speak Spanish but I'm guessing she told him to pack because he smiles and runs upstairs. "He's packing now." She says and walks away. I turn to George.

"Are you gonna come to get us in the morning?" I ask. 

"Yeah, just set an alarm for like 1:30 am," He says. I nod my head. Alex then runs down the stairs with a small back for an overnight stay. Alex smiles as he says bye to his mom and shuts the door. 

"Hey, George! How's it been?" He asks. 

"It's been good, hey listen I have to run home because I'm late, see you guys in the morning," George says then jogs away. I smile and turn to Alex, we walk down the steps of his house and start walking to mine. 

"You're so welcome for getting you out of trouble," I say laughing a bit. He then grabs my hand, he knows I am somewhat afraid of the dark. 

"Yeah Yeah whatever" He responds laughing. We have a nice walk to my house just talking about random things, mainly discussing what we are gonna do at my house. Walking into my house still holding hands and my parents notice, they look at us weirdly. Alex smiles at them because us holding hands is so normal but as for me, I blush a little. 

"Guys remember Alex needs to spend the night, He, George, and I are leaving at two am tomorrow to go get Clay and Nick from the airport" I tell them.

"Ohh okay, hun. Love you." My mom says. 

"Love you too." I say. Still holding hands with Alex I drag him upstairs and to my room. 

-Small-T I M E-S K I P-

Alex and I change into our pj's and get under the covers of my bed. We always sleep in the same bed. We keep our distance so it's not weird. 

"I'm so tired" Alex says. We turn to face each other, I mess with his fluffy dark brown hair.

"Close your eyes and go to sleep then" I respond. He rolls his eyes and smiles. 

"Fine. Goodnight Lilly, sleep well." He says smiling, he then slowly closes his eyes. 

"Goodnight Alex, sleep well." I say back. Before I know it, he's passed out. It's the little moments like these that make me so happy. I set alarms on my phone so we actually wake up. Then I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. 

A/n: Some of you might find this annoying because it's not going anywhere yet, but just trust the story line.