𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

I stand in the normal spot Alex and I meet up. What's taking him so long, we don't have 6th period together so we always meet by our lockers. Our lockers are right next to each other. Jeez, Alex hurry up. I then see him come around the corner looking all happy. 

"There you are, what took you so long? Why are you so happy?" I ask him. We walk out the doors and on our way home. 

"I can't be happy or something?" He asks jokingly. "Also where is George?" He says. 

"Oh, he had to do something with Nick after school so he just went home with him and Clay. And you can but why?" I ask again. He looks at me with those eyes again. The ones I saw this morning. I see them shift, into almost him shaking off whatever thought he was having. 

"Well...you know Ashley?" He says. My heart dropped. Ashley is the girl he has had a crush on for like 2 months. 

"Yeah," I say. 

"Well...she asked for my snapchat today in class!" He said. I feel myself getting sad. No, you have to be happy for him, he is your best friend. Plus you haven't even admitted your feelings so he's allowed to talk to other girls. 

"Alex! That's great!" I squeal. He looks at me with a...confused look? He quickly turns away. "Are you okay?" I ask wondering why all of a sudden he is like this.

"Yeah! Sorry haha" He says. We don't talk for the rest of the walk, I guess it's comforting but there's still that part of me that's confused on why his mood switched all of a sudden. 

Some time passes by and we reach my house. He turns to me.

"Lilly, are you okay?" He asks. What? Where is this coming from?

"Yeah? Why?" I ask confused. I mean I like when he checks up on me but this was the most random he's ever done it. 

"You looked sad when I told you about Ashley" He tells me. Shit. 

"Oh...I'm not, it's okay" I respond. I know damn well he doesn't believe me, he just doesn't want to pry. 

"Okay...well just remember, you'll always be my sweetheart" He says pulling me in for a hug. We hug each other so tight as if it's the last time we're going to be able to. I can smell his cologne on his hoodie. I want to cry. Why is this so emotional? "Listen I have to do chores and homework, I could maybe come over after if my mom lets me" He says as we both pull away. I smile.

"Okay yeah. Just let me know, bye Alex" I say lightly touching the side of his face. 

"Bye Lilly" He says doing the same thing. I walk up to my stairs and into my house. He waits to make sure I actually get inside. 

As soon as I'm in I look out the window and he just looks down at the sidewalk. I can't define the emotions of this situation. He then walks off down the block and into his own house. Once I know he's inside I run to my room. 

I throw my bag on the floor and open up my window. I start knocking on George's forgetting he was going to be with Nick. To my surprise, he opens it up. 

"George! I thought you were supposed to be with Nick?" I ask. 

"He had to cancel. Come in." He says, so I climb out my window and into his. "Are you okay?" He asks. 

"Yeah, or no. I don't really know if I'm going to be honest." I respond, we go and sit on his bed. 

"Is this about what happened with Alex?" He asks. I look at him confused. 

"You know what happened?" I ask.

"Well no, but I saw you guys. I didn't look like a happy situation" He says. 

"Well. He told me that his crush asked for his snap" I tell him. 

"Is that bad??" He asks. 

"No. Yes. Well, I don't know. I think I may have feelings for him and it really hurt when he told me." I respond. My eyes start to get watery. Why do I have to be so emotional over a guy who doesn't like me the same way I like him? 

"May have feelings?" George says. I look at him funny. 

"What?" I ask confused. 

"Lilly, it's so obvious you are in love with him. Your feelings are 100% valid here." George tells me. Am I so obvious? I don't know. All I know is I guess I...love him. 

"I shouldn't be upset over this. He is my best friend, I'm supposed to be happy for him. Plus even if he knew I liked him like this, it would make everything awkward mainly because he doesn't feel the same way and it would ruin everything." I explain. 

"Lilly...I wouldn't give up hope...just trust me" He says. I'm starting to get really confused here. Before I can say anything else I hear my mom call me. 

"Shit, bye George, I'll text you." I say

"Okay bye Lilly" He responds. I then climb through my window and go downstairs to see what ever my mom wants. 

A/n: this chapter is shorter ikik im sorry