𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴 | 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥

𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥

The sun was already at its peak now as you guessed by the blaring rays of the sun that poured through the window beside you. Feeling refreshed and rid of the pain in your head, you push yourself up off the bed and sit yourself on the built-in seat on the window sill.

You squint and cover your eyes briefly with your hands as you try to adjust to the brightness outside. Everything just looked vibrant and lively with all the various colors of the shrubs and flowers. The plants looked to be thriving perfectly, no wilting or signs of decay on any of their leaves. Your face falls suddenly at the thought, bitterly remembering that the same couldn't be said for the plant you affected last night.

You hold your closed hand to your chest where your necklace would've been, terribly missing the comfort that it gave you. You needed to get yourself together before you end up hurting something or someone. You were glad you didn't have any effects on humans so far, based on your interactions with Mirabel and señora Guzmán. You regretted experimenting on the potted plant last night, and you hoped señora Guzmán wouldn't question it.

The fact that you didn't seem to have an effect on anyone so far gave you a sliver of comfort that you truly weren't the reason for your sister's sickness, and that your mother was just really quick to point the blame on you.

You huff, hugging a pillow as a dark expression passes your face, recalling your mother's blatant accusation. Hasn't she heard of the flu? You'd expect her to know about it with all the education she spent on you, surely she would've educated herself as well. You just felt that it was ridiculous for her to jump to conclusions and blatantly accuse you off the bat.

Your close your eyes and take a deep breath, deciding to stop thinking of the matter anymore, lest you trigger another headache. Your eyes snap open as you hear a door under your window open, and you push yourself up on the edge of the sill, peering down the window to take a closer look.

You tilt your head in curiosity as you see a girl with long flowing black hair step out wearing a light magenta dress that was adorned with various flowers of the same hue. She walked with grace and the way she carried herself made it look like she was dancing, her steps on beat and her movements light. You hum in confusion as you notice something unnatural.

Were those petals falling behind her?

You squint your eyes, trying to make sure you were seeing right. Did she have petals in her hair? Or were they falling off her dress? More questions rose to your head as she neared some pots lining the windows and doors, and with a flick of her hand an array of flowers suddenly bloomed from the empty pots.

She bends down to check their condition before moving away and waving her hand once again, this time causing vines lined with blooming flowers to start crawling up the walls, some slowly itching towards you. The moment a flower pops up in front of you, you yelp and jump back and off the seat, causing you to fall on the floor with a loud thump.

A million questions raced through your head now with your heartbeat and breathing quickening just as fast. You glance behind you, confused at the sensation of something against your back and your eyes widen at the sight of two floor boards pressed against you. Confused and panicked, you scramble to get away from the moving floor before standing up and making a dash for the door.

The door swings open with ease and you quickly shut it behind you, frightful that whatever was in the floors was going to get you. You take a moment to calm yourself, but this was in vain, however, as your brows furrow at the sight of the doors that lined the hallways.

The murals etched on the doors seemed to glow golden, buzzing and growing in intensity. Only one thought enters your head, and in your fear that a fire was spreading, you run across the halls and scramble down the stairs that you came across.