𝘴𝘦𝘪𝘴 | 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥
𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘦

You sprint into the garden, going as fast as your little legs could possibly scurry. Your heart pounding coupled with your fast pace made it harder to breathe, but you carry on, swatting the numerous leaves and plants in your way.

In the distance, you could hear your mother's voice shrieking your name and the sound of her orders for the people to go look for you. With your small body, you had barely covered any ground in the garden, and you could already hear the footsteps of the people getting closer and closer.

In your panic to get away, you fail to notice the pebble on the ground that ultimately caused you to trip and fall face first. You push yourself up, wiping away the dirt and tears from your face and you dragged yourself further away, attempting to hide yourself under the giant leaves of a shrub planted on the ground.

You hug your knees and close your eyes tight as you catch your breath, and you stay in that position, trying to drown out the voices and pretending that everything was okay. You try your best to bite back your sobs, fearing that they might be able to find you.

"My sweet little [Y/N], come out." You hear your mother's sickeningly sweet voice coo nearby, and your breath quickens once again at the sound of it. It would only be a matter of time before she finds you, but you felt yourself unable to move in your position.

You felt completely frozen in fear as you heard leaves shift and rustle around you. "You wouldn't want to hurt mami's plants, would you?" You lightly shake your head to yourself at her words. No! You loved plants, you didn't want to hurt them!

You realize your futile attempt at hiding was unsuccessful, as you suddenly feel a hand grip your forearm tight enough to form a bruise. You weren't able to suppress your cries anymore as you feel them pull you away from under the plant. You yelp and fight against their grip, your arms taking hold of the leaves that once hid you.

You tug on them, hoping that it could hold you back, but you watch in horror as the leaves start to wither at your touch. Your tears continue to stream but your wailing had already stopped as you witness the decay spread to all the life around you.

The hand that gripped your arm tightens, and you are broken out of your daze as it pulls on you painfully. "[Y/N]. Sweet child, didn't I tell you?" You hear your mothers voice from beside you, but you refuse to look at her.

You felt your lip quiver as you watch the decay slowly spread to a shrub that once bloomed your most favorite vibrant flowers, the petals falling to the ground now donning a charred dark color. "You are only going to kill everything you touch." She whispers in your ear as you stare down at the life you ruined through the tears in your eyes.

You felt another sharp tug at your arm. "[Y/N]!" Your mother's voice shrieks as she attempts to pull you away from the mess. "[Y/N]!" You shake your head, your cries starting back up as you finally found the strength to fight against her hold.

"[Y/N]!"

You body shoots up as you finally awoke from your nightmare, your breathing quick and your cheeks tainted with dried tears. In your panic as you woke up, you had aggressively pulled your arm away from Mirabel who had been shaking it in an attempt to wake you up.

Startled by your sudden movement, Mirabel stumbled back in surprise, falling on her bum on the floor. Your eyes dart toward her at the sound of her fall, "Mirabel! I'm so sorry." You quickly utter as you climb out of the bed in a panic.

Just as you were about to help her up, you quickly stop yourself, still shaken up about the things you saw in your dream. Mirabel shakes her head and pushes herself up instead, dusting her skirt off once she was on her feet. "Are you okay?" You ask carefully, already wincing in fear of her snapping on you.