Lock them up, boys and girls

Patrick

The rest week went smoothly, thanks to Rowan helping me organize the lesson plans. I checked my email and discovered I needed to test the class on the material. After my other courses ended, I headed to the house and called Patton.

Hello?

"Hey, Patton. It's Patrick."

How's the teaching going?

"It's not bad, but I need to test the class on the material."

Some teachers use multiple-choice, true or false, or fill in the blanks. But if you want to test the students to ensure they read the material, I suggest an essay test.

"You wouldn't happen to have a sample test, would you?"

I can send you a template. Then you can alter it to fit the class.

"You're a lifesaver."

Patton hung up, and a few minutes, my email dinged. I opened the attachment and changed the wording to fit the material. It took me an hour to change the template. I saved it and packed up my laptop. I left the house and walked to the campus office to print out the test.

I had to wait while the printer printed the test.

The Dean spotted me and strolled towards me. "How is it going, Mr. Harper?"

"Well, the students haven't made my life a living hell."

The Dean cocked her head. I offered her a smile.

"I'll assume that you're joking."

"Yeah." I ran my finger around the neckline of my shirt.

"I've interviewed a few professors for the class. Once we find a suitable replacement, you'll return to the teacher's assistant position."

I nodded.

"I'll inform you when we hire someone." The Dean walked away.

Thank God. The last thing I need is to have a conversation with the Dean of Academics.

The papers finished printing. I gathered them and placed them in the laptop pouch. I can understand why Deans intimidate professors. If you think about it, they hold your career in their palm. No one wants to worry about losing their job while supporting their families unless you're the previous professor. Then all bets are off.

My stomach growled. I left the academic office and strolled to the bakery.

*******
Romeo

"Are you insane?" Reese asked me.

"No, I'm quite sane."

"How would you even get Patrick and Rowan to a closet without them suspecting anything?"

"Our nana is a quint and locked our uncle in a closet with his wife," Rafe said.

I held out my hand to Rafe.

"Say what?" Bailey asked.

"We come from people that have the bat shit crazy gene," I said.

"That explains a lot," Reese said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Look, our brother gets hungry after his last class. He has this habit of doing the same shit over and over," Rafe said.

"So?" Reese asked.

"So, send Rowan to the bakery."

"And how do we get her there? It's not like we can say, oh, by the way, your squeeze is going to the bakery."