EP 1: And So It Begins...

"Looks like you two are more than friends!" Luke said, stunned. "How long have I been gone?" He studied Brit's belly which seemed likely to pop, at any moment. The woman blushed and struggled to find something to say.

"Luke, this is Dr. Brit Westborn- my house guest. Brit, this is Luke." Brit waddled over to the shaky old man and had to stretch past her belly to shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you," she smiled.

"No introduction for me?" Jerry asked suddenly, surprising her. She jumped and cradled her belly. She hadn't meant to, but a small scream had managed its way past her lips as she turned to the man in the corner. His hair was wild and unkempt, but his eyes were the same dazzling blue she remembered. His devilish smirk sent a panicked jolt to her heart and she fell into the chair behind her. Luke and Nikolas jumped to protect her, but Jerry simply enjoyed her reaction.

"Are you okay? Is it the baby?" Nikolas asked. She was almost distracted by how sweetly he reached for her hand, as he sat beside her. He was so worried. "We should get you to the hospital."

"No, no." Brit held up a calming hand. "I'm fine. He just caught me off guard." She let out a nervous laugh and Nikolas seemed to relax a bit.

"I'm flattered." Jerry laughed and Nikolas swatted at his words with his free hand. He hadn't let go of hers.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked in the gentlest of tones. She nodded and explained that he could trust her. After all, she was a doctor. An OB, for that matter. Reluctantly, Nikolas consented.

"Well if the little lady is okay," Luke started, "what about harboring Jerry?"

"I told you I can't. Not with Brit and Spencer here." Nikolas insisted. Brit looked up at the sound of her name.

"Wait, what's going on?" She looked at each of the men in the room and saw the way Jerry was watching her. She didn't understand what was going on- had her mother sent him?

She did her best to focus on Nikolas after that. Luke sighed and started in on the whole story again. Brit's panic subsided when Luke explained that he'd found Jerry in a bar and had to tell him who Jerry Jacks was.

"How do you know he isn't faking?" she asked. Jerry pouted behind her.

"If I didn't know any better, I would say there isn't enough trust in this room."

"There's no faking a faker," Luke insisted. He'd been an Irish priest, a sufferer of a massive coronary event and a little bit of everything else- there was no way Jerry was fooling him, Luke was certain.

But Brit wasn't sure. Either way, whether Jerry Jacks was planning on being a friend or foe, she knew she needed to keep him close. "Okay then, why not let him stay?" Brit gave Nikolas's hand a gentle squeeze.

"I knew I liked this lovely lady!" Luke smiled.

Nikolas couldn't hide the look of shock on his face. He couldn't be sure he'd heard her right. "You think I should let him stay?"

"Well, if he's forgotten everything, how dangerous could he be?"

"Dangerous," Nikolas insisted. He glared at Jerry, who was tickled by the whole scene and obviously flattered.

"But Mr. Spencer's life depends on it, right?"

"Luke," Luke corrected.

Brit nodded. "You have to help him." Her nerves were starting to make her feel sick and she was chanting silent prayers in her head. She knew if she had any chance of figuring out what Jerry was up to; she couldn't let him leave that house. Jerry was dangerous, but even more so if she couldn't keep her eyes on him.

Nikolas looked between Brit and Luke and felt any argument he had weaken.

"He'll have to stay in the East Wing. I won't have him anywhere near Spencer, Brit, or myself."

"Oh, home sweet home!" Jerry bellowed and made his way to Nikolas's desk. He sank into the leather throne with an overwhelming sense of satisfaction and the muscles in Nikolas's jaw began twitching again. Brit could only offer him a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, Nikolas," Luke said. His relief took the strength from his knees and he collapsed into the antique chair. He struggled to recline against the chair's stiff back and rested his eyes for a moment. "I could stay here for a long time," Luke sighed and Brit remembered why she'd sought out Nikolas.

"Oh, I needed to talk to you," she said and faltered under Nikolas's full attention. "Uh, I wanted to tell you...I don't think I can go to this thing. Patrick might be there, and I wouldn't exactly be welcomed."

"Nonsense," Nikolas countered and peeked over his shoulder at Jerry, who was going through some of the things on his desk. "I'm certainly not going to leave you here, not with him."

"But-" Brit started, but Nikolas shook his head.

"I'm sure Lulu would be happy to have you," Nikolas insisted.

At the sound of her name, Luke snapped to attention. "What about Lulu?" he asked, and Nikolas was happy for the change in subject. The impending addition to the Spencer/Falconeri clan was far more appealing than polonium poisoning and forgetful sociopaths.

"Today's her baby shower," he said. Luke hopped to his feet, as if the antique had pinched him and smiled hard and wide. He'd been so sure Helena's scheme would keep him away, that he would miss all of the little moments with the latest addition to the Spencer clan. He'd been so worried that he wouldn't have a chance to say hello to his grandchild or goodbye to Lulu. It hit him all at once how much he'd missed her, and he had to stop himself from running straight to the launch.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Luke asked.

"Are you sure you're well enough?" Nikolas laughed, as he helped Brit to her feet.

"Of course."

"What about him?" Brit asked, motioning towards Jerry. Jerry smiled and looked up from the files on Nikolas's desk.

"Oh, I'll entertain myself," he said.

"Don't worry about him." Nikolas warned and gently pulled Brit along. They struggled to keep up with Luke and left without another word to Jerry.

"Okay," Brit relented, "but I have to make a pit stop. I have a patient."

"You're still seeing patients?" Nikolas asked.

"This one's special."

If Luke wanted any part of the remaining conversation, he didn't show it. He moved like a man on a mission; he felt some of his old energy return to him, as he marched through the foyer. Helena's little scavenger hunt would have to wait; there was no way he would miss Lulu's shower. He just hoped he was gift enough.