☆*: .。. o(≧ 1 ≦)o .。.:*☆

"You must be Joohyuk Nam," Suzy said breathlessly as she whirled into the office. "Sorry I'm late, but I got stuck in traffic on StartUp Avenue. I didn't realize they'd torn up the whole street." Still a little winded, she unfastened her coat, tossed it over the back of the visitor's chair and threw herself down, facing the large executive desk.

The man on the other side blinked twice as though he didn't know quite what to think.

"I'm Suzy Bae." She drew in a deep breath. "Halabeoji said if he wasn't back from his appointment, I should introduced myself."

"Yes," Joohyuk said after a moment of strained silence. "But he didn't tell me you'd be wearing—"

"Oh, the curtain dress," Suzy said, smoothing one hand over her lap. The dress had been constructed of different shades of pink curtains; it featured  ruffles on the sleeves and on the front. "It was a gift. And since I'm meeting the girl who made it later, I thought I should wear it."

"And the necklace?"

Suzy toyed with the colored Christmas lights that dangled from her neck. "It's a bit outrageous, isn't it? That was a gift, too. I think it's kind of cute, don't you? Jenny is so clever."

"Jenny?"

"A teenager from the Friendship Club."

"I . . . see," Joohyuk said.

"I do volunteer work there and the two of us hit it off as soon as we met. Jenny's mother doesn't live in the area and she's at that awkward age and needs a friend. For some reason she took a liking to me, which was fine because I think she's wonderful."

"I see," he said again.

Suzy doubted he did.

"The necklace is different I'll admit," Joohyuk was saying—which wasn't admitting to much. His dark eyes narrowed as he studied it.

Now that she'd met Joohyuk Nam, Suzy could understand why her grandfather was so impressed with him—if appearances were anything to judge by. In his well-tailored suit, he was the very picture of a high-powered executive, crisp, formal and in control. He was younger than she'd assumed, possibly in his late twenties, but it was difficult to tell. His facial features were attractive, but he wasn't strikingly Greek God. Still, she found herself fascinated by the strength of character she saw in the uneven planes of his face. His dark hair was short and styled along his parting. His jaw is strong, his cheekbones high and his mouth full. That was they she'd described him physically, but there was apparently much more to this man than met the eye. At least, her grandfather was convinced of it.

Several months earlier Woohyun Bae had merged his well-established business-supply firm with the fast-expanding company owned by Joohyuk Nam

Several months earlier Woohyun Bae had merged his well-established business-supply firm with the fast-expanding company owned by Joohyuk Nam. Together the two men had quickly dominated the market.

For weeks now, Halabeoji had wanted Suzy to meet Joohyuk. His name had popped up in every conversation, no matter what they were discussing. To say her grandfather thought highly of his partner was an understatement.