☆*: .。. o(≧ 6 ≦)o .。.:*☆

"Our best bet is to present a united front," Suzy said to Joohyuk four days later. They'd met at her house early in the afternoon to outline their strategy. Halabeoji was gone for the day, but by the time he returned, Joohyuk and Suzy planned to be ready to talk him out of this marriage idea. The sooner Woohyun understood that his ploy wasn't working, the better. Then they could both get on with their lives and forget this unfortunate episode.

"it's important that we stand up to him together," Suzy said when Joohyuk didn't comment. From the moment he'd arrived, he'd given her the impression that he'd rather not be doing this. Well, she wasn't overjoyed about plotting against her grandfather, either, but in this instance i was necessary. "If we don't, I'm afraid Halabeoji will continue to play us against each other/"

"I'm here, aren't I?" Joohyuk grumbled. He certainly wasn't in one of his more charming moods.

"Listen, if you're going to act like this—"

"Like what?" he demanded, standing up. He walked over to the polished oak sideboard and poured himself a cup of coffee. When he'd finished, he ambled toward the fireplace and leaned against the mantel.

"Like you're doing me a big favor," Suzy elaborated.

"You're the one who's left me dangling for three days. Do you realize what I've been forced to endure? Woohyun kept giving these smug smiles, looking so pleased with himself and the way things worked out in Scotland. Yesterday he went so far as to mention the name of a good jeweler."

Before Suzy could stop herself, she was on her feet, arms on her hip, glaring at Joohyuk. "I thought you were going to call me! Weren't you the one who said communication is the key? Then it's as if you'd dropped off the face of the earth! And for your information, it hasn't exactly been a Sunday school picnic around here, either."

"It may surprised you to learn that I have other things on my mind besides dealing with you and your grandfather."

"Implying I don't have anything to do with my time?"

"No," he said slowly. "Damn it, Suzy, we're arguing again."

She sighed regretfully. "I know. We've got to stop this squabbling. It's counterproductive."

Joohyuk's nod was curt and she saw that he was frowning. "What bothers me most is the way your grandfather found us the other day. We were standing so close and you were staring up at me, practically begging me to kiss you."

"I most certainly was not," she denied, knowing Joohyuk was right. Her cheeks grew pink. She had wanted him to kiss her, but she hated to admit that she would've walked into his arms without a second's hesitation. She decided to blame that unexpected longing on the exhausting flight home.

Joohyuk shook his head and set his coffee cup carefully on the mantel. He thrust both hands into his pockets, still slouching against the fireplace wall. "The problem is, I was ready to do it. If your grandfather hadn't walked in when he did, I would've kissed you."

"You would?" she asked softly, feeling almost light-headed at his words.

Joohyuk straightened, and a nerve in his jaw pulsed, calling her attention to the strong chiseled lines of his face. "I'm only human," he said dryly. "I'm as susceptible to a beautiful woman as the next man, especially when she all but asks me to take her in my arms."

That was too much. Suzy's pinched her lips together to keep from crying out in anger. Taking a moment to compose herself, she closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath. "Instead of blaming each other for something that didn't happen, could we please return to the subject at hand, which is my grandfather?"