THREE

Authors POV:
______________________

"Now shoot! Dammit! You said you'd hit bullseye, didn't you say that you little idiot!" The old man looked at the young boy with rage, while the latter looked terrified.

"I'm sorry dad.. I'll do it again" the boy said, as he loaded the gun again, pointing at the target, only to miss the bullseye by an inch.

"Oh for fucks sake! The water falls start. You are a man, a man. So don't go on crying like little girls!"

"I.. can I do it.. later.. please I'm tired dad" the boy said, wiping the tears from his eyes furiously.

"I confidently told everyone that my son is perfection. You are not even good and you want to rest!"

"No, I'll do it. I'll.. prove you right. I'm sorry" whispered the little boy.

That was just how a mafia boss teaches his heir, not his son. Never just his son. That's how the mafia leader's wife stands by the window and watches her son burning in scorching sun, tortured mentally , but doesn't go against him, her husband.

/////

Abhishek got up, his eyes glassy with tears. He hurriedly switches on the lamp, blinking at the light. His dream tonight wasn't scary, was just his life. His own younger self telling to to fight, urging hi not to let anyone hurt him again.

Ain't that easy now is it.

He climbs down his bed, wipes all his sweat by the long sleeves of his sweat t-shirt and walks down towards kitchen. His large hallway seeming to long to cover as he sighs to himself. Pouring himself a glass of beer, he chugs it down, his hands still shaking.

He feels pathetic that it still haunts him. Today he dreamt of a time when his father, who never once did the duty of a father, taught him shooting. He still recalls it like yesterday. His mother standing in her room, looking through the window at her son whom she couldn't help. Like herself.

He drinks another glass shaking his head, telling himself that it's in the past. He was told that he's a fighter. And he's been a fighter ever since he was 8 year old. Ever since she left him too.

Looking at the clock, he knows he won't get a wink of sleep anymore. He wanders off outside to the gazebo, situated in the garden. The gazebo, weirdly enough is his comfort zone. He loves it when cool breeze sweeps past him. The chill weather giving him a sort of solace he never had.

He hears foot steps coming into the garden knowing well it's his sister. She sits beside him, not saying anything, sharing his silence. She lays her head on his shoulder taking his hand in here as he tightens his around hers.

Bani is accustomed to her brother waking up due to nightmares. She knows he doesn't like to talk, so she has stopped asking. So she just gives him company.

/////

It has been a week since Pragya came from India. She was allocated to a room, which was basically a dorm and she could ask for roommates. But she didn't want any right now. She could start her training the next Monday. She was both nervous and excited. She's really thankful that people there spoke English.

She's glad to know that there is a coffee shop opposite to the building. Pragya is comfortable with the setting. The coffee shop opposite to the building, a few blocks away the hospital and a park near by too.