Lost and Found

Venus

The ferry to Naples, 2017

Venus moves over to the opposite side of the booth from her mother. She looks out the window to see Astraea taking some photos the of the land that is going by us to the East.

"So, you really intend on keeping Astraea in the dark about all this?" Venus stares out the window at her little sister for a few minutes as Raea watches the land get closer, snapping the occasional photo as the scenery changes.

"Well, there's no doubt that with all the help you've given her, she is certainly physically capable of it now... But... Her heart and her mind are the same as ever. I think that even knowing about what is really going on will have a hugely negative impact on her. I'm just worried I suppose." Venus turns to see her mother combing her fingers through her hair, "With the rest of you, I could tell as you grew into adults that you would be well suited to what you might end up having to do. And you all have... But I have never felt that way with Astraea." Venus' mother clasps her hands on the table between them.

"Mom... It's okay... We've all seen who she is as a person. Personally, I'm kind of torn between wanting to share it all with her because I love her and wanting to keep her away from it all... Because I love her." Venus puts her hand on her mother's, "But whatever you decide, I want to be able to help you."

"Thank you, Venus. You are a very good sister to Astraea, and I couldn't have hoped for a better relationship between you two..." Her mother stands up, "I'm just going to go to the washroom, won't be long."

"Alright." Her mother walks away leaving Venus with all of the belongings.

Venus was about to get up and join her sister, but now I guess she'll have to wait... Then she spots a handsome looking man approach her from the side. Instead of to the edge of the booth, she shuffles in closer to the window for a better view.

Astraea fretfully smooths out the front of her skirt, She must be nervous. Then the man scratches the back of his neck. Is he nervous talking to her? Awe... Damn it... I wish I could hear what they're saying... Zeph's Eagle Sense has always been better than mine, I bet he could hear them...

Then they begin to walk away towards the front of the ferry, Venus watches along as she can until they are going around the curve to the bow and Venus has her face pressed against the glass of the window.

"Do I even want to ask?" Venus shuffles away from the window as her mother sits back down.

"I just saw Astraea walk off with a man! He was definitely flirting with her." Venus makes to get up and leave, but her mother grabs her hand.

"Unless he tries to knock her out or something don't interfere." Her mother says before Venus gets up to go to the other side of the ferry.

"Roger." Venus gets up and walks around the ferry to the front on the inside trying to spot her sister and the man. She is about to give up thinking that she might have to go along the outside of the ferry behind them when she spots them paused near the bow of the ferry, or rather as close to the safety railing as they can get.

She then spots her sister sneak a photo of the man, Astraea, you've got guts...

Then they continue their trek around to the opposite side of the ferry from where they had started. Immediately, Astraea has her camera up and snapping photos of the island to the north-west, straight out the side of the ferry. While she is taking photos, Venus notices the man staring at Raea. Please be genuinely interested and not from Abstergo or some shit... Venus sends her silent prayer to whoever might be listening. For how seldomly Astraea even admits to being attracted to anyone I hope this is genuine.