Part 1- Construction

I wake up.
I look at myself. I am short and I have three short legs that keep me from falling over. It looks like I am made of metal.

Around me are a bunch of different tools that seem to be loading my sides with a large amount of bullets. After that, they attach white metal plating on me. While they were doing that, I took the time to examine the place.

In front of me, I saw a metal platform with a railing that goes from one side to the other for as far as I can see. On the other side of the railing is a far away wall with a print that says in big letters:
"Aperture Science Enrichment Center"
That must be where I am right now.

To both of my sides are two beings that look exactly like me. I notice that they have only one red shiny eye. I must have one too.
There are also machines working on them. Putting ammo in their sides and placing white plating on them, exactly like me.

What am I? Where on Earth am I exactly? Am I even on Earth at all? Why do all these other things look exactly like me? How am I even able to process all these thoughts? Do I have a brain or do I just have a CPU and all these thoughts and words are just manually programmed in me? But most importantly, what is my purpose?

All these thoughts enter me at once and I feel like I could explode.

Without warning, the platform where I am standing on slowly goes down, bringing me with it. The platform keeps descending until I can see absolutely nothing at all. I can only hear the platform's clunky mechanical sound.

I don't know what will be waiting for me at the bottom. Will it be good or bad?

Only one way to find out.