Part 4- In The Test Chambers

We were led into a small room where the conveyor belt finally ends. There was a big tube that sucks us up and transfers us somewhere else at a high speed. I'm gonna find out what my purpose is right now.

***

The tube dropped me down into a room with walls painted with white, a circular door, a large button, and a smaller button at the top of a short stand at a high place that is out of reach. There was another guy beside me, and there was a large wall of glass in front of us.

I heard a female voice say,
"This next test contains Sentry Turrets that will try to shoot and kill you. They are very deadly. Good luck test subject."
So that's what we are. Sentry Turrets designed to kill people.

I heard a door open, some footsteps, and I saw a person wearing an orange jumpsuit carrying a white, weird looking thing in his hands. The lasers from our eyes lock onto him and we try to shoot him, but the glass seems to be bulletproof.

Even if it was bulletproof, I didn't want to do it at first because he has a life, but I remembered that its what we were made to do. We were made to be deadly obstacles for these test subjects.

He shoots the thing at a wall. It seems to be a gun, but it doesn't shoot bullets. The gun makes a large blue hole in the wall that is big enough for him to pass through. He then shoots another one, this time an orange one, at the high, out-of-reach place where the small button is.

He walks inside the blue hole and comes out of the orange hole. It 's a gun that makes portals.

He presses the small button and a Weighted Storage Cube falls between me and the other turret.

This test subject doesn't really seem to be smart since he just walks around the wall of glass and tries to get the cube. We lock onto him and open our sides.
"Target acquired," the other turret says.
"There you are," I say.

We fire out our rounds at the test subject, blood spraying out of his body and staining the white walls and his jumpsuit. He drops his Portal Gun, and falls on the floor unconscious, his eyes half open while a pool of blood grows larger and larger around him.

That was my first kill.

"Oops, you failed. Oh well, we still have a hundred more test subjects to go. Some of them might even complete this test!" the female voice says.

A hole appears in the floor beside the test subject. Flames appear inside the hole. It is an incinerator. The walls start to move and push him until he falls into his flaming grave. Completely forgotten. He was disposed of like garbage. He never did anything wrong. He did not deserve to get his body thrown into a pit filled with fire.

"Goodbye," the voice says as the test subject falls into the incinerator.

Why did I do that?! I think to myself. I just helped in murdering an innocent man and no one even cares. I feel like I deserve to be punished.

But this is my job now. I have to do it whether I like it or not.

The ceiling above me opens and the tube sucks me up again to another test chamber. I'm going to have to kill more people.