Part 2- Firing Test

After the long ride down, I was brought down into a room full of computers with codes that I could not understand. I was laid down into some kind of conveyor belt with a bunch of those other guys that looked like me lined up at both of my sides.

The belt seemed to stop, move, then stop, then move. It kept going like that for about a minute until I felt something get plugged into my back and removed again instantly.

It was a quick motion. It didn't hurt, but I was startled when it happened.

After that happened, I suddenly felt the urge to shoot and kill anything that went into my line of sight violently. After a while, that feeling went away and I felt normal again. What did they plug into me?! I thought.

While still riding on the conveyor belt, I heard a loud noise that sounded like a submachine gun. When the noise stopped, it was followed by a "Ding!" of a bell. The noise just kept repeating over and over again. Gun, bell, gun, bell.

I finally saw the source of the noise. One of us was firing the bullets loaded into them at a dummy in front of a wall. The dummy was shaped like a human being of course. When he was done firing, the one next to him was going to shoot next.

"Target acquired," he says.

His sides opened up, and muzzle flashes come out of his sides also with the loud noise that guns make. When he was done, he closed his sides and the bell sounded.

The guy next to me was up. But that was when I realized that he was different from all of us because he didn't have any white plating on. No big deal, maybe those machines can fix him when all this is done.

He opens his sides, but instead of firing bullets, a continuous clicking sound came out. He then addresses to the one that came before him,
"Hey squeaky voice, gimme some of your bullets!"
His voice was different. He sounded like he had something stuck up his voice processor. He was probably defective.

Instead of a bell, a buzzer sounds and I'm up next. Looks like he failed.

"Target acquired," I say. I sound exactly like the guy that came before the defective one.

I open my sides, then a red laser light comes out of my eye to assist me in firing. I let my bullets out, and the dummy flails his arms around uncontrollably. I don't really know how I did it. Must be an instinct. The bell sounds, and I continue on the conveyor belt.

At first I felt happy at my success. It actually felt exciting for me to finally shoot something. But then I felt worried. The dummy I shot at was resembled a human, so are we being trained to kill human beings?

When all this is done, I don't think I can bring myself to kill a living creature. To end their lives with just a few rounds of ammo.

But I guess its what I was programmed to do.