Prologue

Prologue:

The Lanes was never for the weak hearted and easily scared. It either where you grew up or where you wanted a place to hide, inevitably where you've fallen. She could navigate The Lanes easily enough, even if there were a few rowdy heathens here and there. It also helped when you had powerful friends in high places and she's not meaning on the upside. Down here, it was a dog eat dog world and if you are not careful enough, you will be the feast.

Silco gazed out at the large creatures swimming past the large windows, Singed was gone for the day but it didn't mean that the day was completed. The day had been relatively quiet, with a few of his men out on patrols and a few others on their own missions elsewhere. His mind drifted to one of his most loyal, if not the most loyal to his cause. Maria. Maria had been an asset for a few years now and still held such potential. She was young but incredibly intelligent and cunning. Her skills as an assassin was undeniable and it didn't hurt that she was attractive and could pass for one of them from the upside.

"Everything has been done as you've asked." The voice was expected but the timing was earlier that what he had expected. He turned from the window and he found Maria in the chair next to one of the working desks with her feet propped up and her head tilted back. Her eyes were closed but he knew that she could react at a millisecond's notice. She was the top assassin in the undercity for a reason.

"Very good and the other's," he asked, walking towards her with even steps coming up upon her relaxed form.

"They've also completed their tasks with no problems surprisingly," she opened her eyes and stared up at Silco's intense gaze.

"They're like little children, always playing until one of them can actually get the task done," she comments, sitting up and pulling her legs off the table to place them on the floor.

"You've been good at keeping them in line." Maria reaches out and grasps his hand and pulls him closer.

"It's a good thing I like you otherwise they would be dead by now."

"I am very grateful for that." He kisses her sweetly. 

____________________________________________

This is a work in progress and the more attention/comments/votes I will be more willing to complete the story. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Arcane/League of Legends characters/plot. I do own any ocs and misc things not a part of the Arcane/LoL world.