Chapter 3: Oh no, a child

Silco landed just beyond the door with Maria following shortly after him on her side, pain radiated her side. Her hearing was impaired for a few moments before hands were on her. She shook her head and grabbed at the hands, Silco's. Her vision was a little dimmed but the smoke was horrible.. Sevika's cry of pain reached her ears a minute after and Maria sat up, grasping her side.

"Sevika," she gasped, Silco's hands still grasping her shoulders, face, and neck checking for injuries. Silco glanced at the women in question before a deep frown set on his face.

Deckard was still standing, and Maria grasped Silco's hand and said," I'll get her out of here, do what you must." She pressed a kiss to his cheek before moving to get up and kneeling at Sevika's side.

Sevika was placed in the care of a few of Silco's men before Maria turned to head back into the destruction. She was distracted by a sound of two girls talking and she made way to towards the noise.

A young girl with blue hair and an older girl with pink hair.

Were these two of the four of Vander's children he looked after?

"I told you to stay away," the pink haired girl exclaimed and punched the younger one aggressively. Maria huffed under her breath, seriously. From what she could tell, these two were sisters and family don't hurt family. But then again, who could she judge?

"Why did you leave me!"

"Because you're a jinx, do you hear me. Mylo was right," the pink haired girl grasped the younger girl's face," the pink haired girl sat back as the blue haired girl cried.

The pink haired girl was walking away when Maria's attention was snared by Silco who was walking out of the burning building.

She met him halfway and he wrapped his arms around her tightly. She glanced over his shoulder and found a few of the men from inside made it out safely.

"I found something you may want to see," Maria led the way to where the young blue haired girl was still crying.

Silco and Maria didn't know what to expect but bringing home a child was not one of them that day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments and likes appreciated!