Chapter 1: Aren't we all a little bit monsters

Posted Dec. 29, 2021, fanart is not mine, and all rights reserved to the rightful owner. 

"Will he live?"

"Long enough," Singed comments, and she smirked. This kid has no idea that he was about to be an experiment for Silco.

"Beautiful aren't they," Silco comes up on the left side of Deckard as she came around on the other. "Yet up there on the surface, no one knows they're here," she comments, the young man startles at her voice on his other side. She grinned at Silco before gazing out at the large underwater creatures.

"They're monsters," Deckard states, and Maria rose an eyebrow at him.

"There's a monster inside all of us," while lifting up the concoction in his hand that Singed has been religiously working on.

"No, it will kill me," Deckard steps away, and Maria merely stepped closer in case she had to grab him.

Silco grabbed the knife at Deckard's hip, inspecting it closely.

"I'd like to let you in on a very important secret I learned when I was about your age boy," Maria followed the movement of the knife interested in what Silco was going to say.

"You see, Power. Real power doesn't come from those who are born strongest, fastest or smartest. No, it comes to those who would do anything to achieve it," Silco offers it once again to Deckard.

"It's time to let the monster out," Silco holds it up, Deckard hesitates but takes it in his hand. Maria watches the interaction curiously; Deckard downs the concoction hastily before falling to his knees. Maria stepped to Silco's side and watched on.

Silco's lips twitched up as she placed her hand on his arm before making her way to the door.

Silco watched after her in mild interest but his attention turns back to Deckard. 

___________

Maria was perched on the desk with her legs in Silco's lap. Her right arm wrapped around his shoulder, her hand gently rubbing his opposite shoulder relieving any stress that seemed to always be there. 

She was only moments away from heading to scout Vander and his whereabouts but Silco requested for her to stay a few more moments as the peace still reigned. 

Singed was in the other room tampering with materials as he usually was but other than that, it was just the two of them.

"My dearest," Silco hummed getting her attention. Her hand stopped rubbing and she pulled herself into a straighter position gazing at him curiously.

He pulled her into his lap and wrapped his long arms around her. She settled into his lap and pressed a kiss to his throat.

"When you find Vander, do not approach him but take another one of my men to send word of where he is. This ends tonight, he needs to pay for what he has done to me in the past," Silco's said. She remembered when she was told the story of the two young men. Vander tried to drown Silco in the river which unsurprisingly was toxic and created his little eye problem to start with.

She kissed his cheek before leaning over the desk and grabbed the little gun that the medication for his eye was in and twisted in his lap to strattle him. His hand gripped her thighs firmly, "If you didn't wish for revenge, he would already be dead."

Silco's lips twinge into a slight smile before she cupped his jaw to level his face to hers. She expertly holds the gun into her hand and kissed his lips softly before pulling away and injecting the medicine into his pupil. He grunted in pain and pressed into her shoulder; she stroked her hands through his hair gently. She couldn't image doing that every day to herself.

"Go." Her lips curled and the next moment she was out of the window that was already partly open and running into the shadows of the Undercity.