CHAPTER NINE: "MAYBE YOUR HEAD WAS TOO FAR UP YOUR ASS FOR YOU TO SEE ANYTHING."

CHAPTER NINE.

     Today was finally the day. September 1, Aveline would start at Hogwarts and hopefully get some more answers to her questions.

     Her trunk was packed and Lala was secured in her cage. Aveline was curling her eyelashes when a collection of screams, thumps, and clatters were heard in the hall.

     Suddenly, Molly and Walburga Black were screaming at the same time.

     "—COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS—"

     "—FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS—"

     "Besmirching," Aveline snorted quietly as she applied lipgloss to her lips and dropped all her things into her trunk and closed it. She checked her phone to see the time was 10:32 am.

     From what she remembered, the train didn't leave until 11.

     Aveline ran downstairs. Molly did a quick spell and Aveline's trunk along with Lala's cage appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

     "WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE?!" Molly shouted, causing Aveline to flinch and cover her ears. Seconds later, Hermione appeared and then Harry wasn't far behind her.

     Aveline couldn't even focus with so much noise going on and she was beginning to feel overwhelmed.

     Harry, Molly, and Padfoot left first, leaving everyone else in Number 12 Grimmauld Place to wait for their escorts to King's Cross.

     By now, things settled down and Aveline angrily slammed the curtains shut over Walburga Black's portrait.

     "Loud mouth ass white bitch," Aveline grumbled.

     "Ready to go?" Arthur asked Hermione, Ron, and Aveline at least 30 minutes later. The trio nodded and stepped outside into the September morning.

     Aveline inhaled deeply and looked around. She had a slight feeling of nostalgia.

     Before she could even register what was going on, she was at King's Cross. Her head was spinning and she felt slightly nauseous. It passed quickly and she stood up straight. Seconds later, Remus, Fred, George, and Ginny appeared.

     The eight of them looked around before going through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. Aveline's jaw dropped when they arrived on Platform 9 ¾. Somehow, this was exactly how she'd imagined it growing up.

     She still hated all the noise though.

     "No trouble?" Moody growled.

     "Nothing," Remus assured.

     "I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," Moody grouched, "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

     "Well, look after yourselves," Remus said as he shook everyone's hands.

     Aveline smacked his hand away and gave him a quick hug. "Thanks for taking me to Diagon Alley." She grinned.

     "Of course," Remus smiled.

     "And don't forget, all of you — careful what you put in writing. If in doubt, don't put it in a letter at all," Moody said.

     "It's been great meeting all of you!" Tonks beamed as she hugged Hermione, Aveline, and Ginny. "We'll see you soon, I expect!"

     "Aveline, make sure you speak to Dumbledore straight away," said Molly, "he wants to speak with you."